Sunday, January 15, 2012

Egg Cups

I have always been a huge fan of breakfast food and I'm definitely not one to shy away from a recipe that involves a muffin pan, so when I saw this recipe on Martha Stewart's website a while back I knew I had to try it. I've now taken her idea and adapted it even more to my liking by adding deli turkey, crumbled goat cheese, and seasoning like red pepper flakes! These little guys are so simple to make and are always a big hit when I bake them for the friends who stroll through on the weekends.

{For the cups I used 12 grain bread}

{Insert tablespoon of turkey and goat cheese into each cup and gently press it all down}

{Crack 1 egg with half the egg white into each cup. I broke the yolk in one 
of the cups for a friend who hates runny eggs - crazy I know!}

{After 15 minutes in the oven --> the final product}

Feel free to play around with the recipe and make it your own! You'll most likely find that these little toast cups are the coolest thing ever and have endless possibilities. Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Hey there, lovely blog. Would be happy if you visit also mine.
    Best, SH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I love your blog as well! Just started following :)

      Delete
  2. It looks absolutely delicious! I'm going to make it this weekend! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I appreciate each and every one of them. You sure know how to bring a smile to my face :)