Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Prosciutto Wrapped Brussels Sprouts

People seem to have a negative outlook on Brussels sprouts which has tainted my perception of them, even though I had never tried them before the other day. Part of my 2012 resolutions is to take foods I don't particularly care for (or have not tried due to my own stubbornness) and cook them to my liking. I wouldn't say I'm a picky eater and I like to think I'm more adventurous than narrow-minded when it comes to food. So, what do I do when I want to make a not-so-tasty food delicious?

I add cheese and prosciutto (or bacon). No doubt.






Adapted from Ina Garten's recipe 

{Serves 18}

Ingredients used {all Trader Joe's}: 1 bag of Brussel sprouts,1 pack of sliced prosciutto, Parmesan cheese (shaved/flakes), olive oil, balsamic vinaigrette, salt and pepper  
  1. After roasting your Brussels sprouts according to this recipe (I tossed them in balsamic vinaigrette in addition to olive oil), let them cool for a few minutes
  2. Sandwich a pinch of Parmesan cheese between two of the halved Brussels sprouts
  3. Cut a prosciutto slice in half and place the now-whole-again Brussels sprout in one edge of the prosciutto
  4. Roll the Brussels sprout from one edge of the prosciutto to the other, making sure it's fully enclosed
  5. Place the little guy back in the baking pan; now repeat until all Brussel sprouts and/or prosciutto is used
  6. Place the baking dish back in the oven and cook for another 8 minutes or until the prosciutto is crispy
  7. Once they're done to your liking, take them out and let cool for a couple minutes
My boyfriend and roommate liked them. I hope you do too!
Enjoy!

1 comment:

Thank you for your lovely comments! I appreciate each and every one of them. You sure know how to bring a smile to my face :)