Friday, February 24, 2012

{Friday's Fancies} Hollywood Glam

Night at the Oscars

It's that wonderful time of the year when we get to sit around and watch celebrities smile and strike a pose down the red carpet, in eager anticipation of which major {or newer} designer's dresses will make an appearance on some uber famous bodies. Yep, it's time for the Oscars my friends! In regards to fabulous, embellished gowns, I have to say one of my favorite designers is Marchesa. Georgian Chapman and Keren Craig's collections are always breathtaking and composed of intricate detailing and beadwork, as well as killer textiles and cuts. My favorite collection from Marchesa to date, is their Spring 2011 RTW Collection. Talk about breathtaking. My favorite dress of the collection is the little organza pleated dress Elle Fanning wore to Elle's 17th Annual Women in Hollywood Tribute. That dress looked like it was meant for her and only her - well, and me of course! However, that's not THE dress I would wear down the red carpet for this event. Above is a look I put together that I feel would really represent my "hollywood glam" style if I were to attend the Oscars. In my dreams, I know. But it's always fun to pretend!
  • Marchesa embellished silk-crepe gown - This gown is from the Marchesa Resort 2011 collection. It's boned internal bodice, gold and clear beading, and stiffened fish tail hem is pure perfection. A dress like this doesn't need much to accompany it other than a few accessories and a Victoria Beckham pose {click here to see what I mean}.
  • Gucci Ophelie open-toe pump - Even though the shoes you wear with this dress most likely won't be seen, I could help but pair these Gucci heels with the gown. They're just as gorgeous as the dress and deserve a little recognition.
  • Alexander McQueen sequin skull box clutch - Now, this could be cutting it close to embellishment overload, but I think the additional gold sequins complement the dress and its detailing. 
  • Diane Kordas 18k gold diamond earrings - I've always envied the superstars who get to wear thousands of dollars worth of diamonds ad jewels to these type of events, even if they are just borrowed. I included these $15,500 earrings because if I were to ever walk the red carpet, I would definitely find a way to have these babies dangling from my ears. 
  • IMAN red lipstick & Dior Vernis nail polish - I like the idea of a bold red lip and nails for this outfit. Also, the beadwork on the dress reminds me of Cleopatra, so I think a delicate cat eye with light shimmer would be pretty sexy/vampy/classy all at the same time. Lastly, I would opt for an intricate side fish tail braid to dress the look down just a tad.
I won't be watching the Oscars live tonight, but you can count on me watching the red carpet via DVR tomorrow! For more Oscar looks check out {longdistanceloving} and the other bloggers who've linked up this week! 

Anyone planning an Oscar watching party? Any Oscar-worthy collections you hope to see on the red carpet?

4 comments:

  1. we used the same gucci heels :)

    and i LOVE that winged eyeliner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that dress is stellar! really loving the beading design and that hairstyle goes perfectly with the overall look. gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those heels, such a glam look! Can't wait to spot the style tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Blog :)
    Would you like to follow each other? I will be more than happy :)

    My blog: http://donttellmewhattoweariwontlisten.blogspot.com
    Bloglovin: http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3424396/dont-tell-me-what-to-weari-wont-li
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/donttellmewhatt


    Kiss Kiss*Bang Bang

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I appreciate each and every one of them. You sure know how to bring a smile to my face :)