Friday, February 17, 2012

{Friday's Fancies} Let's Fly Away



Friday is finally here and that means it's time for some Friday's Fancies! This week {longdistanceloving}and Elembee, Etc. teamed up and challenged bloggers to create a look based on their dream vacay. I was really excited at first, because who doesn't day dream about getting away from the office for a couple weeks (or even a few days) for a self indulgent, stress-free vacation? The hardest part of this theme was narrowing down where I wanted to "fly away". The only time I have been out of the country was on my many, many trips to various parts of Mexico (Arizona was just a hop, skip, and a jump to get down there). So, I had mannyyy places to choose from this week. I decided the first place in Europe I would love to visit is Venice. Many factors went into this decision: amazing architecture, museums and art galleries, Italian and Venetian cuisine{major plus}, fabulous wine {major, major plus}, Carnevale di Venezia (The Venice Carnival), & of course, fashion. Wearing the following items are just as much of a dream as going to Italy in itself. In my attempt to fully embrace the Italian theme, I tried to incorporate Italian designer pieces to complete my day-to-night look:

  • Missoni cotton knit dress - Ahh, Missoni. I can't think of a better dress to wear in Italy than this little knit dress. It's bohemian pattern screams "Italy" and you can pile on the accessories or leave them simple and let the dress be the shining star.
  • Valentino leather studded sandals - I adore these Valentino studded sandals. I'd really enjoy strolling through the streets while shopping and eating ice cream if these were on my feet. Who am I kidding, I'd enjoy it if I had paper bags on my feet!
  • Mulberry "Alexa" oversized bag - The coveted Alexa bag. Perfect for holding all your essentials like sunscreen, wallet/passport, sunglasses, camera, and any additional trinkets you pick up along the way.
  • Missoni orange scarve - Mixing Missoni prints seems only fitting for this trip. Throw it on for a gondola ride down the Grand Canal. 
  • Karen Walker brown sunglasses - I love the unexpected orange on the inside of the frames. Adds color without being overbearing.
  • Essie nail polish - Make your nails pop with a bright tangerine color. 
  • Emilio Pucci python clutch - For the night look, I would add as much color as possible! Emilio Pucci is best known for his bright, swirly prints, but this orange python clutch is perfetto for dancing the night away. 
  • YSL pink suede heels - I know the cobblestone streets around Venice aren't the most ideal to walk on in heels, but for a night out on the town I would rock these YSL platform suede loafers with gold plates across the front of the foot - drool. The thicker heel should help keep you more balanced while walking on the cobblestone.
  • Statement necklacegold banglesthree-stone color cocktail ring - As I said before, this dress has such an amazing pattern with bold colors that it doesn't necessarily need to be drowned in jewelry. A structured gold statement necklace, some bangles and a fun cocktail ring is all you need to add some pizzazz for the night look.
For more dreamy vacays and outfit inspiration, head on over to Elembee, Etc.and {longdistanceloving} to check out the other bloggers who've linked up. 

Have a fabulous and dreamy weekend everyone!

7 comments:

  1. That dress is fabulous. I love how it easily goes from day to night. I'd love to go back to Venice too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am definitely jealous you've been! It's a dream of mine for sure. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. first of all i love where you picked to go, venice, it is an amazing city. second, i love your outfit. touring the city and the transition into night on a town is fabulous. so glad i found your blog today

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Meg! That means so much! I wish I could go sometime soon!

      Delete
  3. I was definitely excited for this week's theme too! Love your picks and all the colors in this look! xo

    http://dreamingenfrancais.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is so amazing! I would love to go to Venice one day. great choice!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I appreciate each and every one of them. You sure know how to bring a smile to my face :)