Friday, February 3, 2012

{Friday's Fancies} Spring Fever

Spring Fever

Happy Friday everyone!


I was asked by {av} from {longdistanceloving} if I wanted to participate in her Friday's Fancies blogger link up and I jumped at the opportunity. This Friday she chose the theme Spring Fever, which couldn't be more perfect. Recently, we've had amazing weather in Indiana, so I have to agree with {av} that Spring seems like it's right around the corner. I'm completely inspired by 3.1 Phillip Lim's Spring 2012 collection. The pale colors, lightweight fabrics, and easy going hairstyle is right up my alley. I created my own rendition of the collection with the following equally drool-worthy items:
  • Light blue pleat scallop cropped shell - This top is airy with the tiered pleats and scallop edges. It's perfect to dress up or down, depending on the occasion.
  • High rise sorbet jeans - I've yet to buy a pair of colored jeans. I have plenty of colored trousers, but I think my next jeans purchase will be in a softer sorbet color. These pair so well with the cropped shell in case you're uncomfortable showing off too much skin. 
  • Lucite sandals - Years ago I was a Lucite hater. I always associated Lucite with stripper shoes, which is so not the case anymore. I am proud to say that Prada has changed my perception on Lucite heels and proved they can be chic as hell.
  • White studded leather handbag -  Clean and structured with rocker details. This is my kind of bag. 
  • Lucite and gold bracelet - Again with the Lucite! This bracelet is a staple for spring and will look sooo good stacked with my other gold and silver arm candy. 
  • Silver choker & sterling silver dove earrings  - Clean, simple, and just enough.
  • Tortoise shell sunglasses - Spring time means the sun will be out and shining bright, so the "Perfect Day" sunglasses by Karen Walker are the perfect topper to this outfit. 
  • Nude lipstick & nude nail polish - I love my bright colored nail polishes, but for me this outfit calls for polished nude nails and smooth nude lip.


Tell me, what's got you geared up for Spring? Any trends you plan on embracing? Any Spring collections on your mind?

*Special thanks to {av} for inviting me to join her in Friday's Fancies. I plan on linking up each Friday and can't wait to create my look for next week. 

7 comments:

  1. I am loving this whole color combo!! So pretty!!

    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the Phillip Lim Spring collection! One of my faves :)

    Love the look you put together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Orange and blue is one of my favorite color combinations! I usually stick with bolder shades or navy, but I am loving the pastel tones that you paired...I will have to try the look! Darling blog :) I hope you had a wonderful weekend and have a great week!!
    Toodles,
    Twirling Clare
    twirlingclare.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I had a fabulous weekend and hope you did as well!

      Delete
  4. OOOOH I loveeeee all the pastels!!! :) Soooo cute! That shirt is super adorable! :)

    Great finds!!!

    Nicole Rene

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I appreciate each and every one of them. You sure know how to bring a smile to my face :)