Friday, February 10, 2012

{Friday's Fancies} Valentine's Day

This was only a four day week for me, so I can't believe it's already Friday! The boyfriend and I head to Chicago tonight to see some of my family and friends and I couldn't be more excited! It's been a while since I've been to Chi town which is weird considering when I first moved to the Midwest I was going up there almost every weekend. Granted, that's when I had no responsibilities and waaayyy too much time on my hands. My love for Chicago runs deep and to me it's the perfect city. I hope I have time to wait in the long line for Kuma's Corner. I'm a sucker for heavy metal and of course, their burgers are THE BEST I've ever had. Yes, I did just say the best and I mean it!

Now, time for some Friday's Fancies! Since Valentine's Day is right around the corner, Red & Pink was chosen as the theme this week! Kate Spade's Spring 2012 Campaign was my inspiration for this week. I'm obsessed with the black and white floral patterns and pops of pink!
I put together an outfit that I would LOVE to wear out to dinner with the boyfriend (who unfortunately will be away for work over V-day...boo). I think this dress acts as a perfect blank canvas to add bright pops of reds, pinks, and purples! 
  • Black & white organza dress - I love the simple structure and subtle design. 
  • Pink belted coat - This Preen coat would be a staple in anyone's closet. I love the pink on pink which makes it the perfect coat for a romantic holiday.
  • Pink & red satin platforms - These color blocked statement heels are six inches of pure fierceness. I die. 
  • Red glitter clutch - I have a red organza clutch from H&M that I use to add a little pop of color in my wardrobe, but this glittery clutch is too cute. You can never have enough glitter in your life!
  • Snake braceletRed cocktail ringSkull bangle, & Knot bangle - I like the idea of mixing flirty, romantic pieces with more edgy, unexpected items. Skulls and snakes help accomplish that look. Also, the Kate Spade cocktail ring is a classic style that will look so good on your ring finger when sipping champagne with your sweetie.
  • Purple nail polish - I am definitely drawn to darker shades in the winter time and even though it's purple, a coupel coats of this Butter London nail polish will look chic with this outfit.
  • Purple faux fur stole - I love faux fur stoles. I have one I wear all the time (was connected to a blazer) and I always get compliments on it. This purple stole is a nice twist on the classic neutral fur colors.
I hope you all have a safe and wonderful weekend! I'm excited to share a Valentine's Day food post with you next week! 

For some more red & pink fun, head on over to {longdistanceloving} and check out all the amazing posts by other bloggers and {av}.

6 comments:

  1. Cute look! I love the Kate Spade images you included, too!

    Have fun this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't Kate Spade just wonderful?? Love the campaign pictures! Your outfit is wonderful as well, I think everything about it is just perfect!! Absolutely darling blog :) Hope you have been enjoying your weekend and Happy Valentine's Day!
    Toodles,
    Twirling Clare
    twirlingclare.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her Spring12 Campaign is just too perfect. I'm seriously contemplating making a coral headboard now! It's so perfect. I hope you had a wonderful Vday too!

      Delete
  3. I'm so jealous of your Chicago weekend--hope it's been fun :) I can't get enough of your outfit inspiration...I've been loving these images from KS! I own that ring, so it's fun to see it in your outfit :) so glad to have you as a loyal linker for FF! can't wait to see your outfit for next week! xoxo {av}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're too sweet! Thank you so much! I can't wait to link up again this week too!

      Delete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I appreciate each and every one of them. You sure know how to bring a smile to my face :)