Saturday, February 11, 2012

Valentine's Day Gift Ideas



Well, due to bad weather that moved in, the boyfriend and I had to cancel our Chicago trip. I was pretty pumped yesterday and I'm definitely bummed, but we had a long overdue wonderfly lazy night so I can't complain much. We'd been going non stop since November, so it's nice to have a weekend filled with no commitments.


I love Valentine's Day just as much as the next girl, but I think receiving chocolates and a teddy bear is pretty cliche and impersonal (notice I didn't include flowers, those are welcome year round)! So, in order to help the poor fellas out there that may not know what to get their boo for the romantic holiday, I put together a little gift guide featuring some insight on my ideal items.


Under $100:
Jewelry is always a great gift idea in my book. Additionally, I don't think it necessarily needs to include a diamond to be romantic. Simple, well constructed jewelry (like items 1, 3, 4, & 5) are great dainty gifts that a girl can wear any day of the week. I love all the Dogeared necklaces and the meanings behind them. If you're not good with putting you feelings into words, this is a great gift since it's already done for you! If you want to go a completely different route in your gift giving, try some sparkly Toms shoes. They're the gift that keeps on giving while still looking stylish. 

Under $200:
I'm completely obsessed with these two necklaces (6 & 10). The monogrammed necklace is very personal and is a great everyday necklace, just be sure you get her initials right! Maya Brenner has an adorable line in which you can choose from all different states. If you still think you have to include a diamond to make it special, you're in luck because she offers states with a diamond (priced higher of course)! A purse like this Kate Spade cross body bag is a gift that can be used often, unlike chocolates that are gone in about 5 minutes and leave you mad at your hunny for making you run those extra miles to burn off your present. The J Crew blouse is definitely within the V-Day theme, but it has such a cute print and can be remixed in 20 different outfits, unlike lingerie that gets maybe a few uses! Lastly, instead of getting your girl a plush teddy bear that sings, dances, and is 4 feet tall, opt for a luxurious cashmere scarf that she can actually use! Extra brownie points if it's in a pastel color like this lilac that she can wear all through Spring.


Ladies (and men!), what are you hoping your sweetie will get you for Valentine's Day??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments! I appreciate each and every one of them. You sure know how to bring a smile to my face :)