Friday, March 30, 2012

{Friday's Fancies} April Showers!

Happy Friday!!! I'm so relieved this week is over. It was a tough one at work with the non-stop conference calls while trying to meet contract deadlines. I'm in need of a relaxing weekend where I can turn my brain off. Hopefully, the weather won't be too bad and our plans for camping on Saturday night won't be ruined. I'm pretty excited for this since I've never been camping before. It'll be an experience to say the least! But I'm excited to venture out of my comfort zone and  even tackle a new and challenging cooking space! If anyone watches Top Chef, you know cooking out in the middle of nowhere with limited pots and pans is not the most ideal situation - but I'm ready. I may make this sweet chili salmon dish I posted last night - mmmm.

Now, today we're going to to talk looking chic in the rain! Today's Friday's Fancies is fitting considering I woke up to rain and should expect a downpour later tonight. I mean it is almost April, so I shouldn't be surprised at the crappy weather that's to come. But there's no reason you can't put together an outfit that's rain proof AND chic. Just look at Rach below - she's my inspiration this fancy Friday:
{via Pink Peonies}


Rainy day ensemble


Rach has a knack for mixing and layering prints and colors. She really does look chic/hot all the time! I'm inspired by her bright wellies paired with even more bright colors, which is like a punch in a rainy, grey day's face. I'm loving this little polka dot hooded anorak {only $34!}, especially paired with a striped shirt. Mixing prints can look effortless and it's a great way to keep your outfits interesting. Just try and keep it to no more than three different prints in one outfit {you'll risk looking a hot mess}. Throwing on some bling, like a crystal necklace and sparkly studs, doesn't hurt either! Everyone loves a little sparkle in their life :)

For more rainy day ensembles, head on over to {longdistanceloving} and see what other bloggers are hoping to wear while singing in the rain! I hope you all have a fabulous weekend! Try and stay dry peeps.

xx

15 comments:

  1. Love what you put together... and love that first pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want those Hunters!! That color is so bright and happy - perfect for a rainy day! Hope your weekend plans aren't rained out! xoxo, morgan

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable! Love those Hunter boots. I want this outfit to brighten up these rainy days! Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Taylor! I really wish I could have worn this entire outfit last week in the rain! Such a great inspirational FF theme! xx

      Delete
  4. this is my favorite rainy day outfit. it is so bright and cheery and definitely not drab!! so so cute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Meg!!! Exactly what I was going for! xx

      Delete
  5. I love the teal pants she's wearing and I looooove the blue boots you chose! I'm so happy you stopped by my blog I hope you enjoy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the mix of colours and the stripes!

    Have a lovely weekend :)

    Laura xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. loveee that outfit & loveeee your recreation of it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole! That was definitely a fun FF! xx

      Delete
  8. wauw what a cool outfit! good job with the items. nice blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Stop by again soon! :) xx

      Delete
  9. Cute inspiration board; I adore those baby blue rain boots! Thank you for stopping by my blog. I'm happy to be a new follower:)
    xoxo,
    www.abitofsass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! That rain anorak is terrific!!!!! And it's in perfect colour, too!
    I WANT IT!


    http://style-attack.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your outfit and love your hunter boots!! You'r very cute! Visit my blog http://trackersfashion.blogspot.pt/, I hope u like it! kiss kiss

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I appreciate each and every one of them. You sure know how to bring a smile to my face :)