Friday, March 23, 2012

{Friday's Fancies} March Madness


{Inspiration for today's post - via}

Friday's Fancies - IU Support

Since UofA isn't in the NCAA Basketball Tournament {boo}, I've got to support the Indiana Hoosiers and Syracuse Orange in the tournaments. Reason being I live in Indiana and my boyfriend is a Syracuse Alum. This is actually OK at the moment since they're not on the same side of the bracket - I've lucked out on this one! The love and support from IU fans here is beyond crazy, especially since they've stepped up their game this year. I actually have an IU shirt I received as part of my birthday present from my good friend Claire a couple years ago. I still haven't worn it out in public though, but that's my own loyalty to being an Arizona Wildcat getting in the way. Maybe someday.

Since I am cheering for two different teams at the moment, it was a little difficult to choose which team I wanted to feature today. Since IU is playing Kentucky tonight {9:45p EST people!} I figured I would put together an outfit inspired by their iconic candy cane warm-up pants in the first image above. If I was a die hard IU fan, I would buy these jeans in a heartbeat. Now, they may not be the exact red a Hoosier would want, but they're pretty damn close. I'd pair them with a crimson silky button down and Converse for attending the big game or stomping around the bars. Comfort is key when you're around rowdy Hoosiers. You may never know when they might start a riot and lift ginormous trees out of the ground and march them down a street {true story from my friends - check out a video here}. To finish the look, I think a rad red satchel and fun bracelet like this Marc by Marc Jacobs wrap is in order for the Big Dance.

For more sporty inspiration check out some more Friday's Fancies posts at {longdistanceloving}. A big thanks to {av}, a native Hoosier herself, as she puts together this blogger link up every week!

Oh and one more thing, I'm sorry for the lack of food posts this week. I have a couple recipes to share with you all, but unfortunately my oven is broken! I figured it out when I attempted to cook and take pictures the other night for a blog post. I ended up finishing the dish on the skillet instead of the grill {why, I have no clue} and it was not a pretty ending. I'll be sure to get that one and a requested veggie dish up next week. Have a great weekend lovelies!

Ps. I wanted to wish my wonderful, talented, opinionated father a HAPPY BIRTHDAY today! Love you daddy!!! xx






24 comments:

  1. Love your picks!!Love the bracelet and the cross body bag! Will be watching this game tonight! We are #54 in the list and had so much fun with this post. Hope you stop by our blog and check it out!

    Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I love seeing other IU looks in Friday's Fancies!! Those jeans are amazing, and I definitely think I need them! Go Hoosiers! :) xoxo, morgan

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW - we are now following you via GFC!!

    Jayme

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those jeans are fun!

    Be sure to check out my earring giveaway:

    http://brileeo.blogspot.com/2012/03/kathleen-whitaker-earring-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pants are pretty much the best thing I've seen on anyone's Friday's Fancies posts all day. :) Thanks for visiting mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Megan! I thought they were necessary for this post! xx

      Delete
  6. Love the striped pants! Have a great weekend :)

    Laura xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a cute outfit...even though i have kentucky winning it all...so i have to root against IU tonight :( hope you have fun watching the game!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's OK, I understand how important your brackets are! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. Oh my gosh aren't those pants too crazy! I love them!! And your Jack Purcells are great as well...I got my dad a pair for Christmas a couple of years ago and he loves them. I hope you had a good week and are enjoying your weekend!
    Toodles,
    Twirling Clare
    twirlingclare.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this outfit!!! I am an IU fan, so sad about them losing last night. Oh well, they played really well!

    If you have the time, I'd love for you to check out my blog and follow!
    http://covergirlandconverse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a chic outfit, I am in love with those pants and the bracelet!! xo

    http://dreamingenfrancais.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. So clever to match their warmup pants! Our color is red too so I love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I'm even contemplating getting them now. Thanks for stopping by!! xx

      Delete
  12. I love how you took the team's striped pants and turned them into something so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! That was my intention and I'm so happy you enjoyed the look I put together! Thanks for stopping by! xx

      Delete
  13. Love this!! March madness is such a wonderful time of year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree! Living in the Midwest has now got me hooked on basketball! xx

      Delete
  14. i'm not sure i'd be brave enough for the trousers but i love the bag and the bracelet :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. though I was sad to see the outcome of the game, this outfit was by far my favorite from last week :) love love love! xoxo {av}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh thanks so much love! I was really pulling for IU - that would have been so great to see them keep going! I absolutely loved the March Madness FF theme and even carried it over to my post today :) xx

      Delete
  16. So cute - I am so jealous that you came up with something as fun as this! Like IU, UMD wasn't even close to the action this year, so I'm jealous that you got to make an outfit this adorable anyways!

    Hope your weekend was fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I appreciate each and every one of them. You sure know how to bring a smile to my face :)