Friday, March 9, 2012

{Friday's Fancies} Spring Break

Spring break
I hope everyone had a great week and it didn't creep by too slowly. I have no complaints since it was my birthday on Tuesday! Turning 25 wasn't too painful. I ate great food all week, received some pretty awesome gifts {you'll benefit as well since some were baking items!}, and I still have this whole weekend to look forward to as I continue to celebrate my 25 years of awesomeness awkwardness with friends! Hopefully, I'll remember to take some pictures to share with you that are not just of food.

I honestly can't believe we're into March already - where'd the time go?!! And if I could have it my way, I would get a spring break vacation just like the good ole days {do I sound old or what?} where I'd be posted up on a beach somewhere getting some much needed Vitamin D. This winter has been incredibly mild, but our current weather is still no Arizona or California! Today, we're gonna pretend like we're going somewhere, anywhere that has some surf and sand. Wearing these items while my toes are buried deep in the warm sand and a beer in hand would make me one happy girl:

  1. Orange scallop bikini - I've already promised myself I'd incorporate tangerine into my wardrobe as much as possible this year {see recent post  here}, so of course when I ran across this scalloped bathing suit with gold trim it was love at first sight. It's such a flattering color and the scalloped detail makes it that much more sweet.
  2. Sandals - I love simple sandals like this pair. The single crystal and wrap detail is just enough to make them not boring.
  3. Fedora with flower - Keeping my face out of the sun is a major priority of mine*. This fedora does just that while still looking stylish. 
  4. Yellow beach tote bag - This little tote just seems like it was meant to stroll up and down the boardwalk. I am in love with the embossed leather, vivid sun color, and cute leather tassels that hang off the straps like so. 
  5. Multi color cover up - I was drawn to this beach cover up because of the color palate and design - it's very Missoni-esque. 
  6. Cat eye sunglasses - I love the chunky cat eye frames much better than the more prominent or pointy frames. They're a nod to the trend without going overboard.  
  7. Bracelet - This bracelet goes perfectly with the entire outfit or just the bikini. Less is more when at the beach, right?!? ;)
For more Spring Break looks and destinations, check out the bloggers who've linked up for Friday's Fancies at {longdistanceloving}. They'll definitely make you wish you were on a nice long vacay farrrrrr away from work. Have a happy weekend!

*Back in 2006 I had some skin cancer removed from my neck/collar bone. Skin cancer runs deep in my family. Granted, we're from the West coast where we've grown up in harsh sun and A LOT of it. I also worked as a swim instructor, life guard, and sales at a popular tanning salon in college. Arizona was known for pool parties and I never missed one. I only had myself to blame and since then, I have turned a new leaf and embraced sunscreen, hats, and seeking shade when needed. Just a little back story for you all. 

10 comments:

  1. Love the bikini...roll on summer!
    Have a lovely weekend xoxo
    http://www.intotheblonde.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you had a great weekend Adele!

      Delete
  2. That bikini is so hot! Perfectly sexy without revealing too much. Great find! Sorry to hear about the skin cancer scare a while back. I'm a crazy freak about sunscreen/hats etc because it runs in my family too. I embrace my pasty white skin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm right there with you! Took me a while to actually embrace not having a tan, but it'll be well worth it down the road :)

      Delete
  3. That bikini is awesome! I love the color and that details... but I would definitely need that cover up to match. It's adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, I'd wear everything here! :) I'm especially loving that beach cover-up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the swimsuit and coverup...great spring look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the cover up - such beautiful colours and i would definitely add that to my summer wardrobe :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I appreciate each and every one of them. You sure know how to bring a smile to my face :)