Friday, March 2, 2012

{Friday's Fancies} Tangerine Tango!

How to: Wear tangerine in the officeIt's Friday and it's time to celebrate the upcoming weekend with some Friday's Fancies! This week, we're going to talk tangerine. Pantone's color of 2012 is none other then the vibrant reddish orange, Tangerine Tango! I've got plenty of red rust pieces in my wardrobe from this past Fall/Winter, but I am excited to move those babies aside for some fiery tangerine items! 

This week, I wanted to focus on how to wear the vivacious color in the work place. Most of my days are spent in my office {inside of a hospital I might add}, so I face a challenging task every morning trying to find a happy medium between conservative and fun! Tangerine can be an easy color to welcome into your wardrobe as long as you are knowledgeable as to what it pairs well with! I've created outfits, specifically for the office, around one staple tangerine piece, this 3.1 Phillip Lim button down {similar one here for less}.
{From left to right} 
  • Outfit 1: Navy is definitely the preferred color to pair with tangerine. This Topshop dot pencil skirt compliments the bright top really well. Typically, navy will act as a great foundation for bright colors to build upon. A fun pair of high heeled pumps is all this outfit needs to pull it together for a business meeting.
  • Outfit 2: Floral trousers are a big trend right now and are more of a wild card pairing for this top. The print on the pants has the tangerine hue in it, so it makes for easy pairing. I've added nude and black loafers to tone down the top and pants. Also, loafers are a great way to add masculine contrast to the feminine floral print.
  • Outfit 3: I am a firm believer in color blocking trend and have successfully experimented with it using ALL different colors! This emerald green pencil skirt with a faux leather waistband would be a fantastic addition to my ever-growing collection {I have about 15 pencil skirts in various colors and prints!} as well as a complementary piece to the investment top. Since tangerine will be worn all year long, in the Fall/Winter I would stomp around in these burgundy suede booties and throw on this faux fur vest to break up the color blocking and keep me nice and warm!
  • Outfit 4: Talk about another color combo that totally works even though you would never expect it: fuchsia and tangerine! This combo has been popping up on celebs and bloggers and exudes a citrusy chic feeling! To get the office chic look, I paired the top with Alice + Olivia pink pants and classic DVF nude pointy heels. The thing I love about button ups is they're so versatile. You can layer them under dresses for a mod look, dress them down with shorts and biker boots on the weekend, tie them up and wear with maxi skirts, or layer them under sweaters {like this one} to add unexpected pops of color and even warmth!
Take home points for the day: Tangerine Tango pairs best with neutrals like beige and navy and alongside colors like emerald and fuchsia. Also, try pairing tangerine with yellow and aqua for more fierce color combos! For more inspiration on this hot color, head on over to {longdistanceloving} and check out the other fabulous bloggers!

Do you have any favorite tangerine combinations you're excited to try? How are you going to incorporate the fiery hue into your wardrobe?

11 comments:

  1. Love that top! You totally used it well. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Meagan! Hope you had a wonderful weekend as well! xx

      Delete
  2. i'm obsessed with polka dots lately and just love that topshop skirt. have a great weekend! x lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree! Loving me some polka dots as well! Thanks for stopping by! xx

      Delete
  3. outfit #2 is definitely my fave! those floral trousers are killin me! i want them so bad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh I am in love with them too! Patterned pants are fully welcomed in my wardrobe this year!

      Delete
  4. Love the color blocking! The last outfit is definitely my favorite...I love your layering suggestion, so clever and so stylish!! I hope you had a great week and have a good weekend.
    Toodles,
    Twirling Clare
    twirlingclare.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Claire! My weekend has been wonderful and I hope yours has been too!

      Delete
  5. Love the colors
    http://shana-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE THIS! Pantone colors are all so fabulous and Tangerine Tango is a prime example! We love it so much that we made it our color of the week and put together a fabulous outfit on our blog to show how to dress wearing Pantone's Tangerine Tango using a complementary color palette. You can take a look at it here www.weartostandout.com/blog/pantone-tangerine-tango and tell us what you think! xoxo, WearToStandOut

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I appreciate each and every one of them. You sure know how to bring a smile to my face :)