Saturday, March 17, 2012

Mushroom Toasties

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone! Hopefully everyone is out and about on this beautiful day {at least it is here!} celebrating and having a good time! I meant to get this recipe posted earlier in the week, but our internet was out for a couple of days and time just got away from me. Since today is supperrrr busy this is going to be a quick post and I will direct you to the original recipe I found here for specific directions!

I've made these toasties on many different occasions and a lot of times upon request! They're such a nice twist on a mushroom side dish. I love me some stuffed mushrooms, but I do love it when mushrooms shine as a filling instead of the base! Paired with some gooey cheeses and tomatoes, it's sure to be a crowd pleaser. I don't usually deviate from her recipe at all, but I couldn't find any good vine ripe tomatoes in the store. So, I used a bunch of cherry tomatoes I already had on hand and they still tasted delicious! I'm going to get to making these AGAIN for tonight's party {I may try and find some green tomatoes}, but I hope you try out Tadka Pasta's recipe soon and let me know if you're in love with them as much as I am.
{Add cream cheese to the sauteed mushrooms and mix}
{Use a cookie cutter or upside down glass to cut out bread circles for the base of the toastie}
{Lightly butter one side and make a small slice from the center to the edge. Fold like a funnel and press gently on the overlapped pieces. Place the bread buttered side down in the mushroom tin.}
{Add a pinch of cheese, then the mushroom mixture, then top it off with more cheese}
{Add halved cherry tomatoes then top it off with a dash of dried basil. Place in the 375 degree oven and bake for 20 minutes, top with Parmesan cheese and bake for a few more minutes.}

Enjoy & have a great weekend!

xx

4 comments:

  1. Wow, this looks amazing. I love mushrooms! The photos are making me super hungry. I am craving for a midnight snack now, haha. :)

    http://www.x-fatalove.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA I'm so glad you enjoyed it! They're actually pretty amazing and they were a hit at the St. Patty's Day party the other night! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, these look so yummy! Thanks for stopping by our blog and following!

    Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh MY GOSH! I don't even like mushrooms but these look damn good. so glad i found your blog through FF- following now- and can't wait to see what other recipes you have to share!!!

    xo
    laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I appreciate each and every one of them. You sure know how to bring a smile to my face :)