Friday, April 6, 2012

{Friday's Fancies} Flower Power

Flower child

Happy happy happy Friday! I'm in a great mood today and don't know exactly why, but I'm gonna take the positive energy and roll with it! Today for Friday's Fancies, it's all about Flower Power. The floral trend has been around for quite some time and it always seems to be welcomed with open arms with the start of Spring. My collection of floral pieces has become quite extensive over the years and varies in color and prints. I've put together three different scenarios embracing floral bottoms: 

Business Meeting - Opt for a pretty floral pencil skirt paired with a bold peplum top. Peplum is a huge trend right now and helps with the illusion of a smaller waist as the bottom flares out. Keep your accessories minimal and classic to avoid looking cluttered in an important meeting. Tip: Don't wear lots of loud bangles when you have a meeting or a conference call. No one wants to hear you jingle for an hour in person or over the phone. This little bracelet still has movement, but won't be distracting. 

Casual Friday - Instead of wearing your trusty blue jeans for casual Friday, try out the trend with a subdued floral print skinnies. You can pair it with a plain t-shit or try dressing it up with a pretty blouse! I'm in love with this blouse's flower lace detail and peter pan collar. It could be considered flower overload, but the top is still pretty tame. Wear your bright flats for a pop of color and if you really feel daring, try mixing in another print with a polka dot purse! 

Weekend Wear - On the weekends {especially in great weather} I like to get as much wear out of shorts as possible since I don't usually get the chance during the week. These floral shorts are perfect for running around town, BBQ's, or just lounging. Pair with a lightweight pastel tank, some wedge booties, and a distressed leather bag for a down to earth look!

How are you all going to embrace your inner flower child this season? 

Don't forget to stop by {longdistanceloving} for more floral inspiration. Also, Allie's Bubble in now on Bloglovin' so please feel free to follow me here! Have a great weekend everyone!!!

xx

15 comments:

  1. I'll take them all :) gorgeous picks!

    Laura xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all 3 looks! Casual Friday is my fave, though. That polka dot purse is soooo cute, and I love that you added in the green flats to give it that pop of color! xoxo, morgan

    ReplyDelete
  3. AH i love the business meeting look! reminds me of victoria beckham for some reason. p.s. you do such a great job with your collages... teach me your ways! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the florals in each outfit! Great picks. New follower!
    Creamy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that you did three outfits, each one is so very fun and unique!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute! casual friday is my favorite, but i do love the weekend shoes :-)

    http://nuhasofiyan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That floral skirt is beyond fantastic! I would wear it to work.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey sweet girl! Thanks for stopping by and showing some love. I've been craving a floral print pencil skirt and love this one! Newly following!

    xx-
    sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! YOU HAVE WONDERFUL BLOG! I AM NOW FOLLOWING!. I hope you check mine and FOLLOW: http://the-proverbs.blogspot.com thank you for your time. GOD BLESS!

    STEVEN B.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love every single look! You put together the perfect colour combinations and incorporated all my favourite spring trends. Lovely blog,

    Lacey xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are great looks! My favorite is the last one.
    --Isabelle
    Blues and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love these outfits! Such Great ideas! I'm not scared to try on some flower pants now! AWESOME!
    Have a great Easter,
    Celina Marie

    ReplyDelete
  13. loving all of these looks! especially the weekend wear...so cute! XO brynn p.s. thanks for the follow! following you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. i like the casual wear.

    check out my blog soooochic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. OK this sounds silly but I didn't even KNOW they made floral pants! Those are too cute - love how you paired it with all of those neutrals. I need to get me one now :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I appreciate each and every one of them. You sure know how to bring a smile to my face :)