Friday, April 20, 2012

{Friday's Fancies} Picnic Primped

Picnic at the Park
Happy Friday everyone! I hope you survived the week and have a fun filled weekend ahead. The theme for this week's Friday's Fancies is Picnic Primped. This theme is slightly fitting because Tyler and I had a little picnic over lunch the other day, but it wasn't outside - it was in his office. We work just a few minutes from each other so we have the luxury of  frequently meeting up during our lunch breaks. Instead of wine and a blanket, we had iced tea and old maps of towns used as placemats. I still think it was romantic, even if we each brought own food to the "picnic". But, if I were to plan a picnic on the weekend, there's some crucial items I would make sure and bring along. Here's my list of picnic essentials for a day or night at the park:
  1. J Crew panama hat - I have a few fedoras that are in pretty heavy rotation right about now. This J. Crew panama hat is ideal for keeping the sun off your face, especially when you aren't set up underneath shade. 
  2. Pendleton blanket - We all know Pendleton has some of the highest quality fabrics out there. I wouldn't mind sprawling out on this thick blanket all afternoon. The pattern contains symbols for mountains, rows of diamonds, single arrows, and double arrows which are believed to ward off evil spirits. I just love the meanings behind Pendleton's patterns, don't you?
  3. Dooney & Bourke wine bottle picnic tote - What a stylish way to carry your wine bottles. Dooney & Bourke has impressed me yet again. And thanks for making room for TWO bottles of wine, DB. It's like they know me...
  4. Marc by Marc Jacobs sunglasses - I just got a new pair of Marc by Marc Jacobs sunglasses, but I wouldn't mind sporting these awesome cat eye sunglasses.
  5. TLC&you Madison drawstring bag - This adorable bag was handmade in Bali {along with many other fabulous bags and accessories} and is the perfect size for all of my essentials. The coolest thing about this bag is it can be worn as a shoulder bag or backpack. Versatility is what I am all about. 
  6. Bug spray - Maybe this isn't an essential for some of you, but it is for me. There's definitely a love/hate relationship with us: they love me and I hate loath them. Mosquitoes, chiggers and any other bugs that bite, seem to have a natural instinct for seeking out West Coasters and eating us alive. So yes, this is necessary for my picnic. 
  7. Crate & Barrel wine and dine plate - These little wine and appetizer plates are so handy. My dad and step-mom introduced me to them while we went wine tasting in Temecula, CA. It's a great way to make sure your wine is safe while you're able to indulge in cheese and crackers. No one wants to cry over spilled wine.
  8. Wine - There's no picnic without some great wine. Some of my favorites: Cupcake {any and all kinds}, Tempra Tantrum Tempranillo/Shiraz, Fat Bastard Chardonnay.

For more picnic fun, head on over to {longdistanceloving}. Have a great Friday!

xx

14 comments:

  1. Love this Friday's Fancies post, Allie! That hat is sooo adorable. Great post!
    Check out my Friday's Fancies post at http://covergirlandconverse.blogspot.com if you have the time!

    Taylor {CoverGirl and Converse}

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Dooney and Bourke picnic tote is ridiculously amazing. I don't picnic enough to justify purchasing it, but if I did it would be mine! Have a good weekend, Allie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make me want to go for a picnic right now!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Fancies post! It's different and totally on point! I so want the Marc Jacobs sunglasses and the D&B wine tote is so nice!! Hope you have a great weekend!!

    Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahah i LOVE that you have bug spray in the bag! i know how essential it is for you out there. p.s. i want the blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the picnic tote!
    P.S. I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to laugh b/c I love that you put bug spray on your Fancies! I agree 100% total necessity. Happy weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm loving that picnic blanket! some great choices :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect picks! Have a great weekend :)

    Laura xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seriously now, can we just call it a weekend and meet in the park for a picnic?! Because this is the cutest outfit in the history of outdoor outfits :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. love these picks! need the sunglasses

    http://howtowindowshop.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love.love.love. the Dooney & Bourke wine tote. Why didn't I think of that? Just started following!

    krahomewardbound.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your blog! I just stumbled on it on IFB and I knew I had to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  14. that bag is amazing... totally cool!

    hope you had a great weekend! {I have a giveaway going on right now & would love for you to enter! amyreneonline.com}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I appreciate each and every one of them. You sure know how to bring a smile to my face :)