Thursday, April 19, 2012

{Product Review} Tradewinds Iced Tea


I know a lot of you reading my blog don't know me personally. Most likely you've picked up on some likes/dislikes/obsessions from my ramblings, but I don't think I've ever talked about my love affair with iced tea.

I'm a girl who needs caffeine to get me through the day. Staring at a computer screen and reading lengthy contracts can have the heavy eye effect on me. I don't drink soda unless it's accompanied by some Goose or Hot Box Pizza. I typically don't drink coffee past 11am because my mug doesn't seem to magically reproduce Dunkin Donuts coffee with vanilla creamer. I'm not a 5 hour energy girl either. So my options for caffeine to get me through the afternoons are pretttyyy limited. This is where iced tea comes in. It saves my day, everyday. 

So when Ohio-based Tradewinds asked me to sample some of their teas, I was eager to say the least. Their teas are brewed with real tea leaves and then add only natural ingredients and flavors. And let me tell you, there's a difference between Tradewinds tea and the instant tea I usually drink. Also, coming from a girl who's very family oriented, I really connect with their family tradition establishment. Their main focus is to provide great tasting teas that can be enjoyed by the entire family, while cherishing time spent with one another. 

In my opinion*, their teas tasted fresh and were packed with lots of flavor. Here's my little review on the different flavors I sampled:
  • Unsweet Tea - I'm an unsweetened tea kind of girl, so I tried Tradewinds Unsweet Tea before any others and immediately fell in love. It's incredibly refreshing and I could taste the high-quality black tea leaves it claims to have. Also, the nutritional facts are right up my alley. This tea is calorie free and very low in sodium. I'd rather eat my calories than drink them. 
  • Green Tea with Honey - I've never been a big fan of green tea, which is too bad because it's one of the best teas out there for you! So many benefits from drinking it, but even after trying Tradewinds Green Tea I'm still not impressed. Now, since I already had a strong dislike for green tea I asked my roommate to try it {he loves green tea}. He didn't care for it either, so this is rated our least favorite.
  • Sweet Tea - I enjoyed Tradewinds Sweet Tea a lot, which is pretty unusual considering I don't like sugary drinks. It's something about the aftertaste that rubs me the wrong way. However, I'm happy to report that their Sweet Tea has the perfect amount of sweetness and caffeine to get me the through the rest of the afternoon. The only aftertaste I got was like a little party in my mouth.
  • Extra Sweet Tea - I'll admit, I was scared of this one before trying it. Sweet Tea was a big step for me and then they wanted me to try EXTRA Sweet Tea. So, I was pleasantly surprised that I really, really enjoyed it! This tea's Southern-style taste has a pretty big kick, but it's the sweetest kick I've ever had. 
For me, Tradewinds front runner is their Unsweet Tea, followed by their Sweet Tea, Extra Sweet Tea, and Green Tea with Honey. They have many other tea flavors and even some Tropical Fruit Juices to try out!

Hope you enjoy!

xx

*Allie's Bubble was provided with complimentary samples in order to complete a product review. Any review written is 100% honest and my own words. Receiving complementary items will never influence the content in a post. 

4 comments:

  1. I love iced tea and I usually only like sweetened ones, so I might have to try the Sweet Tea!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave you the Versatile Blogger award! whoop whoop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I came across your blog because I just purchased a Tradewinds Sweet Tea this morning. I thought is was AWFUL I too am a iced tea connoisseur....I could not pin point the "funny taste" that came along with it then it dawned on me. The taste AND aftertaste is RAISINS!!!! As soon as I arrived at my office I had fellow co-workers taste it as well and now my entire office will never purchase that tea and will avoid it at all costs lol!!! It was hands down a group decision that iced tea SHOULD NOT taste like raisins.....and yes this reply is a tad late :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I came across your blog because I just purchased a Tradewinds Sweet Tea this morning. I thought is was AWFUL I too am a iced tea connoisseur....I could not pin point the "funny taste" that came along with it then it dawned on me. The taste AND aftertaste is RAISINS!!!! As soon as I arrived at my office I had fellow co-workers taste it as well and now my entire office will never purchase that tea and will avoid it at all costs lol!!! It was hands down a group decision that iced tea SHOULD NOT taste like raisins.....and yes this reply is a tad late :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I appreciate each and every one of them. You sure know how to bring a smile to my face :)