Thursday, April 12, 2012

Seeing Stars & Spots

So, I've decided to start doing outfit diary type posts. It took a little encouragement kick in the ass self confidence for me to actually follow through on this. I admire so may bloggers out there who have no problem posing {or acting like you're not posing} in front of the camera - solo I might add. But, fact of the matter is, I wouldn't mind sharing with those interested in fashion some of my favorite ensembles once in a while. My roommate humors me, but I know he doesn't really care about my daily outfits. However, I give him credit in that he can successfully tell you what a pencil skirt or maxi dress is. Whoa.

I started this blog so I could freely write and connect with family, friends {old & new!}, and generally anyone who may have the same interests as I do! I feel comforted knowing I have the most amazing supporters behind me and my little space in the blogosphere, so I'm no longer "afraid" of the outfit posts idea. Want to know what I am afraid of? Birds. Any bird. Especially seagulls and geese. But that has nothing to do with my outfit below. It's all about print mixing with stars and spots today. 
//work wear// Blouse: F21 / Skirt: H&M / Booties: F21 / Watch: Michael Kors /
 Rings: H&M, Kenneth Cole (thrifted) /

I don't foresee my roommate or boyfriend waking up early enough to snap some outfit pictures for me on a regular basis, so the self timer on my Canon PowerShot ELPH 300 HS camera will have to do. In addition, since I haven't pulled the trigger on a DSLR camera yet, please excuse the quality/fuzziness of the outfit pictures {and our ridiculously messy patio}. Actually, it's probably a good thing I don't have an awesome camera that can capture the beating these cut-out booties have taken over the past two years. I wish I could find a comparable shoe with the same cut, color, comfort, and price like in these babies. I would be one happy mama {yes, I like to think of my shoes as children}. 

xx

14 comments:

  1. love your outfit!! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this ensemble! and props to you for doing working up the self confidence to do it :) xoxo, morgan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Morgan! Not the easiest thing, but getting sweet comments like yours make me feel a whole lot better about posts like this!! xx

      Delete
  3. Love this outfit, you look so pretty. Your comment about birds made me laugh! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The birds comment is so true. Traumatic experiences have led to this fear. Thanks for your sweet comment, I'm so glad you liked it! xx

      Delete
  4. Love this outfit! Girl, you are so gorgeous, I'm shocked you haven't done outfit posts like this before! Love this post :)
    Check out my newest post on CoverGirl and Converse if you have the time!

    http://covergirlandconverse.blogspot.com
    Taylor {CoverGirl and Converse}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Taylor! You are too sweet and I'm so happy you enjoyed this post! Definitely giving me even more confidence to keep these posts coming! I'll be making my stop by your blog today!! xx

      Delete
  5. LOVE the spots and stars! Let me just tell ya sister: I feel like an absolute IDIOT posing for pictures. Especially when my neighbors are around! Eventually you just get used to the feeling of slight narcissim :)
    Thanks so much for the follow! I'm returning the favor NOW! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA thanks so much! I'm sure it will get easier in time. Have a great weekend!!! xx

      Delete
  6. Congrats on getting enough self confidence to do this :) You look absolutely fabulous!!!! I love the stars/dots mixed together! What a fun way to bring a little spunk into the office. Those are some killer heels too, now if only I could get myself to wear heels more but where I work I am on my feet 24/7 so it just wouldn't do me any good. But anyway, can't wait to be a new follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Nicole! It's so nice to hear such sweet comments :) I am lucky that I'm not on my feet ALL day so I get to wear heels whenever! Thanks for following and I hope you enjoy!! xx

      Delete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I appreciate each and every one of them. You sure know how to bring a smile to my face :)