Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Standard


//work wear// Top, Skirt, Belt, Shoes: H&M / Watch: Michael Kors / 
Bracelets: J. Crew, Niche Boutique /

This is a very standard work outfit for me: pencil skirt, top, & heels. I'm loving the muted color palate for spring, especially paired with pops of color like this neon belt and floral heels. I've had these heels for a couple of years now and for only costing me $35, they've held up quite well. During the winter months I feel so bad for them sitting on my shoe shelves and not getting any love. So when the weather finally makes a turn and I'm no longer confined to boots and closed toe heels, I get so excited to take these babies out for some much needed air and sunshine.

H&M is a great store to pick up cheaper items when I'm in need of shopping and don't want to break the bank. I stopped by there the other day and bought some much needed wanted items with a gift card my dad and step-mom sent me for Easter {thanks you two!!}. Of course, I bought way more than the card allotted for, but seeing as it's H&M I didn't spend too much out of pocket. I just couldn't resist an adorable new work tote, lightweight floral shorts, creamsicle trousers, metallic jeans, and collared button down tank. All necessary right? 

Have a great Tuesday :)

xx

8 comments:

  1. You wear pencil skirts really well! Love those shoes!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yi-chia!! You're too sweet! xx

      Delete
  2. I love the pencil skirt paired with a skinny belt! I actually wore a very similar outfit today myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, it's definitely a go to outfit for me!

      Delete
  3. Hey, I just found your blog!! :)
    You look absolutely amazing, lovely outfit!!
    Maybe you'll have time to visit my blog and follow if you like!!
    Kisses,
    Chiara

    Books in my bags

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stumbled on your blog and I love it!! Love the outfit too!

    Feel free to come on over to my blog:

    http://gratefullyinspiredtheblog.blogspot.com//

    love to have you!

    I'm excited to continue reading and exploring your blog!

    xoxo - denise

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I appreciate each and every one of them. You sure know how to bring a smile to my face :)