Friday, May 18, 2012

{Friday's Fancies} Chambray

The Chambray - 4 Ways


TGIF. TGIF. TGIFFFF!!! This week has been suppperrr busy and today was definitely no exception. I felt like a chicken with my head cut off at work today and couldn't be more happy that it's the freakin weekend. Can I get an amen?!?!

This week, we were asked to focus our Friday's Fancies post around the one and only, chambray. I decided to focus on the ever-so-versatile chambray shirt. I used this specific chambray button down in my FF post a couple weeks back {see here}. It can be worn with so many pieces, in so many ways. So if you don't own one, after reading this head on over to the mall and pick one up - you won't regret it! I put together four different ways you can style it by dressing it up and dressing it down.

//Dress it up// It's best to attack this shirt as if it were a white button down, which as you know goes with everything. Tuck it into a pencil skirt for work and pair with colorful heels and a sparkly statement necklace to give the outfit some extra pizzazz. For a more modest look, try buttoning the top all the way up and wearing the necklace under your collar for just a hint of sparkle. If you're heading out for a GNO, try pairing it with sparkly shorts and colorful accessories for a more playful look!

//top left// Pencil SkirtHeelsSparkly Necklace//top right// Sequin shortsHeelsEarringsBracelets.

//Dress it down// If you're brave enough, tuck the button up half way in {see Blair Eadie's look here} to some dark denim cut offs. It's a full on blank denim canvas, so feel free to add lots of color with a tote, heels, and any jewelry you desire. On the contrary, you can wear a maxi skirt and tie up your chambray top to show a little midriff {see Jessica Quirk's here}. This creates a relaxed look with just a hint of sexiness. Try it, you're sexy and you know it. 

//bottom left// Denim ShortsToteLace-up Wedges. //bottom right// Maxi Skirt. Straw HatFlatformsNeon Backpack.

Don't forget to visit {longdistanceloving} for more ways to wear chambray! Have a great weekend!!

xx

9 comments:

  1. Give me those sequined shorts right NOW!! LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have a black striped skirt almost identical to that one and i wear my chambray shirt with it! too funny! love the looks =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh I adore that top outfit the most! That skirt is amazing!!! :) Have a great weekend! And I hear ya about the chicken with the head cut off... I feel like I feel that way every day at work haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am always hesitant to buy chambray because I don't know what to pair it with but you have given me such gorgeous inspiration! What a great summer look! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the looks you created, each is something I would totally wear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this post! Well done =) I've been looking for a chambray shirt to add to my collection since it's a staple item! Just found your blog too, it's so lovely =)

    xoxo,
    Suzie Q
    www.StyleCueBySuzieQ.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love all the different options you've included - such a cool concept! and i LOVE all the outfits. great choices & accessories! happy weekend :)

    - l

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really need a maxi skirt, yours is so pretty! I'd take it instantly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this. Love everything you picked. My chambray shirt is seriously the most versatile thing ever and I love it. Hope you're having a wonderful weekend! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I appreciate each and every one of them. You sure know how to bring a smile to my face :)