Friday, May 11, 2012

{Friday's Fancies} Creamsicle Crush

// bridal shower // Blouse: Ellen Tracy / Pants, Shoes, Bags: H&M / Necklace: Natasha via TJ Maxx
 / Watch: Michael Kors / Bracelet: J. Crew / Ring: Niche Boutique /
// work wear // Sweater, Pants, Belt: H&M / Heels: Zara / Necklace: 4th Ave in Tucson
 / Watch: Michael Kors / Bracelets: J. Crew, Niche Boutique, F21 /
Creamsicle

1. Topshop vest {$30} 2. Topshop shoes {$44} 3. Topshop high waisted hot shorts {$56} 4. BijouxBar bracelet {$90} 5. H&M flared dress {$18} 6. Topshop snood {$32}

Happy Friday everyone! Yesterday seemed to draggg on - you agree?!  I'm looking forward to chillin on the boat at Lamb Lake tonight, then attending a good friend's wedding Saturday evening. Of course, I'll be celebrating Mother's Day with my beautiful Mama on Sunday and can't wait to give her my gift - I know she'll love it!

This week for Friday's Fancies we were asked to showcase our current color crush. These creamsicle pants caught my eye at H&M a few weeks back and I couldn't resist snatching them up. They made their debut at a friend's couple shower two weeks ago {first and third picture} and I actually matched the cupcakes perfectly. I love it when my clothes match my dessert HA! Yesterday, I tried a monochromatic look which I've been skeptical to attempt. But then I thought to myself, if the doctors and nurses at work can sport one color head to toe, then why can't I? I didn't get any strange looks from people, so I guess it was well received. Are you fond of the monochromatic looks that have been popping up all over the blogosphere?

Anywho, back to my color crush, creamsicle. It's such a playful, feminine color and I catch myself gravitating towards the yummy hue every time I walk into a store. I featured some items above that are budget friendly and would feel right at home in my closet. Unfortunately, my new toy has taken priority over shopping {and my SF/Napa trip next month!}, so I'm trying really hard to be a good girl and have some self control. This means I'll limit myself to ONE of the pieces above. It's all about compromise.

Head on over to {longdistanceloving} to see what other colors bloggers are crushin' on. Hope you have a great weekend and I'll talk to you soon!

xx


13 comments:

  1. I think you look great in both outfits! Love those pants, I'm about to murder Oklahoma for STILL not having a H&M! It's utterly ridiculous. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pants are so cute and I loved the way you styled them. I'm also attempting to save up for a new toy like yours. I love all your new and improved pictures!'

    Tara
    Penniless Socialite

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the color of those pants and I love both these looks. Those floral sandals are so cute!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look gorgeous, girl! Love those pants :)

    Happy weekend!

    Laura xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pants - great purchase!! You've styled them well for each event. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These all look so fresh! Love this color!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you look beautifull! great outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that color! I recently bought a pair of shorts in that color. Can't wait to wear them :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Allie I absolutely adore your outfits! Your creamsicle crush is just a shade away from my craving for coral! Btw your MK watch, obsessed!!! I'm keeping my fingers cross my boyfriend gets me the one I want for graduation in a few weeks! Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

    oxo

    Emmmm

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the style when you were wearing the colorful heels
    while holding the red clutch bag..
    Looking fabulous :)

    Follow my blog at
    www.arikayasmine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am crushing on purple and orange this week !! Living your outfit choices

    Great style!!! Look forward to following you

    Www.thefashionragdoll.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the creamsicle pants. What a great find, and YES! I love the monochromatic look. And you pulled it off beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  13. um i definitely have these pants! how funny! why are we still the same person fashion wise even though we've been living thousands of miles apart for 3 years now?! this is why you're my best!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I appreciate each and every one of them. You sure know how to bring a smile to my face :)