Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Fringe at the Symphony

//symphony// Dress: Lush / Heels: F21 / Clutch: Unknown / Necklace: F21 / Bracelets: Gift, H&M, Vintage /

{Note: please excuse my complete clearness. I really need to keep up on my Jergens gradual tan lotion}

This is the fringe dress I gushed about a few weeks ago {see here}. My love for fringe started in college with my best friend Jenn. She came back from London with an adorable little purple fringe Topshop dress, among many other fabulous pieces. She let me wear it to one of our sorority sister's 1920's themed birthday party filled with sake bombs and bad choices. Pretty sure I danced the night away to "Cyclone" while fringe swayed whipped forcefully back and forth. It was the perfect dancing {or as my boyfriend likes to call it, twirkilating} dress, however, the looped fringe kept getting caught on things. Thankfully I didn't do much damage, or at least I don't think I did. If so, I'm sorry Jenn and you can borrow this dress when we reunite in a few weeks. 

Anyyywaayysss, I was afraid to buy a fringe dress of my own because of the potential mishaps, but when I saw this little number all lonesome on the sale rack I couldn't help but fall for it. It's fringe is straight, not looped. It's delicate layers of lace make it even sweeter. The color is a tad off for the current season, but paired with bohemian accessories like peacock feathers and turquoise arm candy, I think it fits right in. 

I wore this last week to Happy Hour at the Symphony with my boyfriend, his parents, and their family friends. Time for Three {Tf3} is an amazing string trio with innovative compositions and fun performances. I wish I had my program to tell you the exact songs/mash ups that occurred, but their entire performance was beautiful. I do remember they played their new song "Banjo Love", which consisted of picking at their instruments most of the time in a quirky and inviting way. They ended with an awesome performance of Mumford and Sons "Little Lion Man" and the entire crowd roared with excitement. Not only are they talented in what they do, they have great stage presence and leave you wanting more. It was honestly the best performance I've been to and I can't wait to see what they have in store for us next season. In the meantime, we'll sub our Happy Hour dates for the Marsh Symphony on the Prairie starting next month. Sprawling out on a soft blanket while eating fancy finger sandwiches, drinking wine, and listening to beautiful music is currently on my mind. 

 xx

9 comments:

  1. Lovely dress. Sounds like the purple fringe dress in college got some good use! I love the color of the dress too.
    Carlee

    http://allthingsaveragegirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this fringe dress on you! So fun to dance in for sure! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had a great time at the symphony, and you are totally rocking that fringe! SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great dress :) Beautifull look

    ReplyDelete
  5. loving this fringe look! so obsessed!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found your blog when I was looking for a different sort of information but I was very happy and glad to read through your blog. The information available here is great. . I know something information, to know you can click here
    Daily Boutique Deals

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I appreciate each and every one of them. You sure know how to bring a smile to my face :)