Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Blush

 //Pattern Meetup// Blazer, Shorts, & Bag: H&M / Shirt: Ann Taylor Loft / Shoes: Steve Madden / Watch: Michael Kors / Bracelets: H&M, F21, J. Crew, Niche Boutique /

A couple of weeks ago, I attended the monthly Pattern Indy meetup at Studio B which featured a commercial and editorial makeup artist panel. The panel was made up of T'ai Rising-Moore {Awkward Beauty}, NaShara Mitchell {Ready to Blush}, Kathy Moberly {Faces by Kathy Moberly} and Kelly Oswalt {Red Carpet Reflection}. It was really interesting listening to their stories about how they got into the industry as well as who they've had the pleasure of working with. Their unique style and genre really shined in their portfolios. I loved the range of intensity from the subtle, sexy bride to the dramatic, partially painted bodies. Honestly, makeup is really out of my comfort zone, but I'm so grateful to have had the opportunity  for this exposure into the world of editorial and commercial makeup that night. Not to mention I won the designer tan door prize with the fabulous Kathy Moberly! It's really going to come in handy before my San Francisco trip in a couple of weeks! Fairly certain my MDW tan won't last until then {Note: these photos were taken before MDW}. 

Before the event, I stood in front of my closet with the uneasy feeling of having nothing to wear. Mostly I was confused on how to accommodate the sticky evening heat while still looking presentable. This lightweight, blush combo ended up being perfect for the event. Apparently I pick my best outfits under pressure and intense heat. 

Thanks to the wonderful Ashley of Hem and Her for snapping these photos of me!

xx

6 comments:

  1. Love your outfit, LOVE the shoes, and the blue wall is a GREAT background for these photos. Seriously awesome all around, Allie!

    xoxo, me

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your shorts, you look so pretty!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  3. This outfit is so cute!! Love all of the little details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This outfit is really pretty. I love the blush blazer! I also really like the background of these shot. Something unique and different. Lovely post.
    Carlee

    http://allthingsaveragegirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. your shorts are adorable! :)

    Laura xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking fabulous!! So sorry I missed the last meet up! Looking forward to dinner in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I appreciate each and every one of them. You sure know how to bring a smile to my face :)