Friday, June 29, 2012

{Friday's Fancies} Beachy Chic

Beachy Chic
Happy Friday people! I'm so thankful for the weekend ahead. I plan on relaxing as much as possible before all of next week's festivities. Since we don't have a beach to cool off at, we resort to nearby lakes in order to get our swim on. It might not compare to the beach, but it allows us to boat, board, and tube which is all I really need, especially when surrounded by friends!

Today we're gonna talk about looking beachy {or lake!} chic. It's no secret that I love nautical clothing and accessories, but I often embrace the boho look because it's sooo easy and carefree. Above I've featured a simple and sweet bikini that can be topped off with either a nautical or bohemian look:

//Nautical// These J. Crew striped shorts have made plenty of appearances on bloggers sets across the web. I understand why though. They're tailored, pleated, and perfectly striped. In the words of the fabulous Goldilocks, "They're jussstttttt right." I'd pair them with just about everything, but for the lake I'd opt for a loose, button-up tank. And just like the top, any shoe works with these shorts. But how adorable are those lobster print TOMS?! Definitely not for every day wear, but they sure are appropriate for a day at the lake or the Cape! 


//Bohemian// I love a good quality tunic. Silk or cotton is preferred for a long day in the heat and hopefully it has at least one fun element to it - like embellishments or an interesting print. They're so easy to throw on over a swim suit and even transition from beach to bars. All you need to do is add a slip underneath and switch out the flat sandals for wedges or a sandal with a chunky heel! Accessorizing at the beach is OK in my book, as long as you keep it to a minimum with a bracelet and some fun earrings {I love these feather ones!}. Also, a great beach bag is one that won't collect piles of sand AND can get wet! This clear, studded  bag is perfect for cramming all your necessities in it. What's even better is you can see right through it which will minimize scouring through your purse!



Do you tend to go the nautical or bohemian route when soaking up some sun?

Don't forget to visit {longdistanceloving} for more beachy chic inspiration! Hope you all have a fab weekend!

xx

10 comments:

  1. I can't even pick my favorite thing. I love the color of that suit & those J.Crew shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will take both styles!!! Love them both!! And I think it's time I scooped up those J.Crew shorts!!! Have fun at the lake!!
    xo,
    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love the nautical look :)

    Have a fab weekend xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes to all of this please! Seriously, I want everything here.

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lobster Toms?!? AMAZING. I want them right now. And those J. Crew shorts are fabulous and absolutely perfect for the beach. Nice picks all around, my dear! Have a nice relaxing weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both looks! Those Toms are to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love both of these looks! I like to sport both but nautical is probably my fave since I was raised on the GA coast. Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I just became your 100th follower! Have a great weekend! :)
    Cheers,
    Sara
    www.SocialSara.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you created two options...I tend to veer towards the bohemian look. But I do love that top w/ stripe shorts! I also featured that same tank (with stripe shorts) in a previous post of mine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. clearly i heart the nautical look! =) x0, jenn

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't decide which I like better! Maybe the nautical...but that printed tunic is pretty awesome too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I appreciate each and every one of them. You sure know how to bring a smile to my face :)