Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Picnic Dates

//Our menu// turkey, spinach, cheese, & avo sandwich / strawberry field salad / leftover jambalaya / Ty's fancy salad / honey greek yogurt with strawberries / watermelon {my fave!} / unsweetend iced tea /
//work wear// Top: Old Navy / Skirt: F21 / Belt: Unknown / Wedges: Kelsi Dagger / Bag: TJ Maxx / Sunglasses: Marc by Marc Jacobs / Watch: Michael Kors / Necklace: gift /  Bracelets: J. Crew, F21, Niche /

I told you last week {see here} that Tyler and I love to have picnics during our lunch breaks. It's a great way {at least for me} to get out of my windowless office and enjoy the weather. Of course, that is only when the weather is no more than 85 degrees, less than 10% humidity, and relatively low in pollen count. If the weather's not looking good, I will gladly lay out a blanket in one of our offices to avoid allergy and mosquito attacks. Luckily for us it was the perfect day. 

We grubbed on what looks like a feast in the second picture. So much good food and company in so little time. I was really excited to wear this necklace Tyler got me during his visit to London last year. Coincidentally enough, I had two nail polishes in my purse that matched it a little too perfectly. So of course a party nail was in order for the work day, as well as a repeat of the Carrie Bradshaw bun. This go-to hair style has replaced the quick top knot I frequented during the week. My top knots tend to be quick, messy, and loose. This high bun is still quick, but tamed and structured which makes for the perfect work appropriate up-do. 

xx

8 comments:

  1. I want your outfit. And I do mean every single piece of it. Also, your picnic weather requirements are pretty difficult to meet during an Indianapolis summer - specifically the humidity! Good luck with that :)

    xoxo, me

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picnic totally looks like a feast, now that's a picnic I want to be a part of. You look so pretty in your picnic outfit. LOVE that necklace Tyler got you!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at that spread! Holy heck! I want to picnic with you guys!! I love the turquoise and yellow!!! Picnic perfect!! And your hair is not FAIR! ;)
    xo,
    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. you guys are too cute! and i LOVE this outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh and p.s. i need wedges like that!

      Delete
  5. oh my goodness, you look beyond fabulous. Love this outfit. Adore this post, love. How am I only just now following you? If you get a sec, I just posted pictures from my wedding ceremony and my latest post for LaurenConrad.com. Eeek. Love to hear what you think. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. picnics in the park-how cute. i WISH my lunch break even thought about being long enough for that. your outfit looks great btw. what a great mix of colors!!

    http://thriftyandshameless.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Content.I have appreciate with getting lot of good and reliable information with your post.......
    Thanks for sharing such kind of nice and wonderful collection......again, beautiful :) I love reading your posts. They make me happy . . I know something information, to know you can click here
    Daily Boutique Deals

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I appreciate each and every one of them. You sure know how to bring a smile to my face :)