Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers

Last week, I finally had the time to properly stock my fridge. I had been eating out quite a bit with family in town and just trying some new places around my area, so I was getting the itch to get down and dirty in my kitchen. Trader Joe's sells fresh jalapeños by the container which I never have trouble getting through. I use them in and on everything. I will say, however, that this was record speed of using an entire container in one sitting. 

I've seen many variations of  jalapeño poppers on Pinterest {even made one of them here} but since I like to try things that are more uncommon or even challenging, I haven't had the urge to make them more than once. But for some reason, I was yearning for some awful-for-you-but-oh-so-good sweet, salty and spicy bite sized treats. My roommate was not about to object to this either. So, I took this recipe found through Pinterest, but made it my own by adding blue cheese crumbles to the inside mixture. The concensus: holy effin mind blowing goodness. "Oh my gawwwddd" came out of mine and my roommate's mouth one too many times. Even Tyler was thoroughly impressed when I brought a few over to him to try later in the night. I scored some major brownie points with that move ;)
 {Remove the seeds and membranes from the halved jalapeños, then create the cream cheese and blue cheese crumble mixture}
 {Scoop the mixture into each hallowed jalapeño}
 {Roll the stuffed jalapeño in a piece of bacon, making sure to slightly overlap the bacon}
 {Continue until the entire jalapeño is covered}
 {Place the prepared jalapeños on a lined baking sheet and place in the oven}
 {Enjoy!!!}

Recipe adapted from The Pioneer Woman

Ingredients: 6 whole jalapeños, halved and deseeded. 6 ounces of cream cheese. 1/2 Cup blue cheese crumbles. 1 tsp of garlic powder. 1/2 tsp of onion powder. 12 slices of bacon. 

Directions: 
  1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
  2. Mix the cream cheese and blue cheese crumbles together in a medium sized bowl.
  3. Scoop/smear the mixture into each jalapeño half.
  4. Wrap a slice of bacon around each of the jalapeños, making sure to slightly overlap. You want the  jalapeño to be fully covered. Then place each wrapped jalapeno on a lined baking sheet.
  5. Place in the oven and cook for 40 minutes.
  6. Remove the baking sheet and let cool for 5 minutes, then eat!

Hope you like them - enjoy!!

xx

5 comments:

  1. omg stop it. My mouth is waaaatering. These look SO tasty! I will definitely be making these as soon as I possibly can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! Blue cheese makes everything even better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i always loveeeee your blogpost xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG these look delish!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so good! And semi healthy...we'll just forget about the bacon and the cream cheese :)
    --Becky
    preppypremed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I appreciate each and every one of them. You sure know how to bring a smile to my face :)