Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Day at the Farm

I told you yesterday that we made a little trip to the Marr Farm in Columbus, IN over the weekend. This farm has to be one of my favorite places in Indiana so far {runner up to Lamb Lake}. There's a beautiful, vivid "secret garden" as we like to call it, full of exotic flowers and a cute little bench lightly dusted in moss. I could sit there for hours with a good book if I wouldn't get eaten alive by mosquitoes. There are also numerous barns filled to the ceiling with trinkets and antiques. Not to mention Uncle Frank lives in one that Tyler and I set up tent next to. I haven't heard the full story on this, but if you can survive one night in Uncle Frank's Barn, by yourself, no phone - you get $100. I don't think anyone has ever succeeded. More on that later. 

There's also a sick Continental parked on part of their 1,000 acres of property. It needs a complete restoration, but the sweet suicide doors would be worth the time and effort. It did make for a great prop though in our mini photo shoot. I wissshhhh I brought my camera charger so I could have taken different photos of us skeet shooting, skipping rocks at the creek, grilling out, and all that jazz. But I failed. 

Hopefully you enjoy the pictures we were able to capture. I love this dress that I've barely worn. It's the prettiest periwinkle-grey and I'm a sucker for high-low hem dresses. My panama hat is the newest addition to my hat collection, which saved my nose from frying yet again while floating in the pool for hours {see my neck tan lines from the previous burn?!}. Gotta love stylish and practical items :)


/Dress: BarIII / Hat: Target / Sandals: DV by Dolce Vita / Watch: Michael Kors / Ring & Wrap Bracelet: Niche Boutique / Beaded Bracelet: Lily & Laura {Gift} / 

photos by Sam Kowal and Tyler McGowan - thanks you two!

xx

15 comments:

  1. Love these, especially the pic of you and your man :) So sweet!

    xx-
    sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that dress. It seems totally perfect for summer and the color is awesome.
    Carlee

    http://almostendearing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allie, you are looking beautiful! LOVE these pretty pictures!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  4. These photos are so pretty! Just stumbled across your blog and I'll be following along for sure.

    Life Unsweetened

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures! I love your style & this dress... it's so cute & effortless :)
    Oh, My

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE! You look ABSOLUTELY STUNNING in all of these pictures!! Can't get enough of your hat girl!!
    xoxo
    Obviously Obsessed 

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dress is SO pretty and these photos came out gorgeous! I love the ones with the car :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Enter to win a statement necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh. My. Word!!! These pictures are nothing short of amazing! You are beyond gorgeous! Every single one is magazine worthy! Looks like a dream for a photographer...so many options...I am blown away, lady!!!
    Shanna
    Giveaway @ Because Shanna Said So

    ReplyDelete
  9. these are fabulous and such breath taking photos! you are so pretty! just wanted to say super cute blog! you should check out the giveaway im having over at my blog! it ends friday! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the photos! and that dress is incredible! Im obsessed with high low hems too and that one is the perfect length!

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Allie! Great pictures, you look amazing! :) I following you now as well.
    Have a excellent day!
    Br,
    Nina from Finland

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great Pictures. And you look so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I appreciate each and every one of them. You sure know how to bring a smile to my face :)