Friday, July 27, 2012

{Friday's Fancies} Refreshing Dress

Dress it up. Drink it down.


Happy Friday everyone! I'm sure you're all looking forward to the weekend as much as I am. Tyler and I have date night tonight!!!!!!!! Not sure if you could tell how excited I am by the overuse of exclamation points, but I'm pretttyyy stoked. We're usually surrounded by friends on any given day {which is the way we like it!}, but it's super sweet to have our own alone time. Tomorrow we're heading down to the Marr Farm in Columbus, IN to play like 5-year-olds and drink like 40-year-olds. That's got me super excited too. Especially since the weather should be kind to us, which means we can sleep in our tent without sweating to death. Yes, we like to pitch tents in the yard and have sleepovers. Do we sound like 5-year-olds or what?!

Well, {av} gave us the most random theme so far, Summer Treats. I was pretty uninspired about this one to be honest, but after slamming a few of my favorite beers the other day I had a minor epiphany. I have a lot of favorite summer treats, but on any given hot day {which has been way too often recently} I'm more than likely drinking Sun King Sunlight Cream Ale! This is a local beer company that seems to dominate most of Indiana. I discovered them in the last year at beer festivals/tastings and not only are all of their beers tasty, but the designs on their cans are awesome. So, the outfit above is inspired by one of my favorite beers that you can find me sipping on most of the time after 5pm. I'll probably have some right after work, you know in the spirit of Friday's Fancies! :)

Don't forget to stop by {longdistanceloving} for more summer treats! Have a fabulous weekend!! 

xx

9 comments:

  1. Love the dress! Have a fun weekend :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds tasty! Cute concept. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bag is beautiful! Great picks

    Rachel
    www.lalalists

    ReplyDelete
  4. That beer sounds delicious and I love your outfit! I wasn't very inspired either, but then I started thinking about alcohol...I think we created our own alcoholic theme :-)

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great dress and bag! Hope you have a great date night!

    xo
    Sam
    Le Petite Pear

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of this drink but I LOVE that you took inspiration from a local company. Gorgeous dress, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im loving that rebecca minkoff bag! I am your newest follower. I cannot wait to read more of your posts and hope that maybe you can return the favor and follow The Preppy Student. I always comment for every comment left on my page and hope to start a friendly relationship with your wonderful blog! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is crazy...I was in Chicago the past few days, and just yesterday I went in this store (that was too expensive for me) and saw THAT dress. It is even more gorgeous in person. I had to step back to make sure I didn't drool on it, because I didn't have the $250 to spend on it. The point is: good pick :)

    Sarah's Real Life

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I appreciate each and every one of them. You sure know how to bring a smile to my face :)