Friday, July 6, 2012

{Friday's Fancies} Stars & Stripes

//work wear// Blouse & Skirt: F21 / Sandals: Zara / Necklace: 4th Street in Tucson / Sunglasses: Marc by Marc Jacobs / Watch: Michael Kors /

Happy Fridayyy! I hope you all had a fantastic 4th of July filled with good eats, drinks and company. I know I sure did. However, my celebrations will continue well through the weekend - eeek! And what better way to continue celebrating than with some festive Friday's Fancies, Stars and Stripes!!

This outfit came together very last minute the other morning. After walking around like a giant fireworks show in my new dress {see my latest post here} I wanted to see how patriotic I could be at work in one week. I've been wearing this stars print blouse non-stop recently. Not sure if it's due to all the patriotic inspiration around me or the fact that I just completed five loads of laundry, but either way I'm loving it. This striped skirt {last seen here} is incredibly form fitting, so it's a little difficult to wear longer tops tucked into it like I prefer {just not a fan of all the bulged up material}. I decided to be a tad risque at work and tie it up in a bow! The skirt can be worn a little higher, so while at work my midriff wasn't showing at all. However, once I stepped outside to take some pictures the heat was extreme and all bets were off. My feet were in need of a break that day too. Even though I have a strict "no flats" policy while sporting a pencil skirt, sandals were the perfect alternative for my unusual lazy attitude. For some reason I didn't feel like an oompah loompah in this outfit which made it a winner in my book.

Did you sport any red, white and blue numbers this week?

For some more stars and stripes inspiration, check out {longdistanceloving} and all the fabulous bloggers FF posts! Have a safe and happy weekend!

xx

18 comments:

  1. girl, i LOVE LOVE LOVE that skirt on you!!! just found your blog and love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute shirt! Happy Friday xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your star print blouse! Happy weekend :)

    Laura xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love that top!!!! How cute!I think I've told you that before, but it begs repeating. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute combo! I'm loving blue and black together as well lately.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went all red, white and blue this week! But I love this outfit with the stars and stripes. So cute! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the look on you, I'm in the netherlands, so no red white blue here, but then again, these are the colours of our flag... hmmm

    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute I love this skirt, it reminds me of something you'd find at Madewell!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm loving your take on the stars and stripes look! Super cute, and you definitely don't look like an oompah loompah ;) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm loving that top!

    Glad you had a great 4th! I hope this weekend is just as great :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for visiting my blog {domesticblissdiaries.com}. Stopping by to return the favor! Took a few minutes to browse your past posts and I've gotta say: I love your style! You pull off creative outfit combos so well. Definitely have inspired me to be a little braver with my wardrobe. Can't wait to see what else you will come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute outfit Allie! That's so perfectly patriotic without being overdone! So cute, and I'd say perfectly acceptable with these hot hot temps! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. you are so cute! i love your outfit, that top of very 4th of July appropriate and I love the print with the striped mixing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. cute outfit! that skirt looks amazing on you :)

    have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh my you are so cute! Love the outfit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your stars and stripes look! I'd wear that blouse all the time too, the print is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute blouse! xo

    www.thedaileigh.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I appreciate each and every one of them. You sure know how to bring a smile to my face :)