Wednesday, July 11, 2012

On my mind // Active Wear

On my mind // Active Wear


Happy hump day everyone!! Today I wanted to continue my "On my mind" segment {see first one here} with a special focus on active wear. I'm sure my good friends reading this are thinking to themselves, "This is unlike Allie - she doesn't work out." It's true. Ever since high school I've lost my passion for working out on a regular basis. I'm one of the lucky ones who can eat what I want {and LOTS of it} without really gaining weight, whether it be fatty or healthy foods. But that's besides the point. I've realized lately that I want to be healthy and active, which also leads to even greater happiness! I'm not talking about running any marathons soon, but I want to get outside and play around with my boyfriend and friends as well as try new things to keep me interested - like hot yoga tonight with my friend David! I'm embracing this "active Allie" side of me again and I honestly couldn't be happier. 

Now, I've got a lot of work out clothes despite my lack of working out recently, but of course it's the girl in me that loves to still embrace style and fun - even while sweating out those demons! These items are currently on my mind:
  • //one// Bhakti Yoga Bag by PrAna® {$40}: We'll see if I continue with yoga after a couple of weeks, but if I do, you better believe I will want a cute yoga bag like this one! The print is fun and fresh, not to mention it has a little side pocket for minimal necessities - like an ID and some cash!
  • //two// Forever 21 ombré sports bra {$10.80}:  Ombré is still a hot trend that has walked right off the runway and into active wear! 
  • //three// Nike Air Pegasus+ 28 running shoes {$85 on sale!}: I just bought a pair of training shoes, but my next purchase will most likely be a good pair of running shoes. I have some, but not too fond of their support. After lots of research, these babies turned out to be a major crowd pleaser. Plus, how cute is this color combo?? Sold. 
  • //four// Schwinn Riverside Bike {$180 on sale!}: Tyler loves to go biking and I would love to be able to ride the Monon Trail with him someday or even just around Broad Ripple to friends houses. Not only do I love the pink and black frame, but a 7 speed seems like the way to go!
  • //five//  Platypus soft water bottle {$9}: This hot item JUST made it to the list thanks to my roommate. He received a similar bottle while at a golf outing and it's the coolest type of water bottle around. It's BPA free, holds 1 liter of water, and can be folded up to save some more space in your bag! Handy little guy if I do say so myself!
  • //six// Boogie Short {$42}: These yoga shorts caught my eye right away with the tie-dyeish print! After reading on about them, they seem to be the most ideal yoga shorts around! They described them as "itty-bitty but they can handle serious sweat" type of shorts. I love short shorts, especially ones that stay in place so I'm not worrying about them riding up my butt while trying to do some tricky yoga poses! 

Do you use any of the above items? Do you have any suggestions for me on awesome/stylish/affordable work out gear I should look into? I'd LOVE to hear back from you work out gurus :)


xx

2 comments:

  1. Loving this post, Allie! I love that yoga bag, so adorable.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. JUst found your blog through Whispering Sweet Nothings Coast to Coast. love connecting with other indiana bloggers! I'm from South Bend. Great blog! I'm a new follower

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I appreciate each and every one of them. You sure know how to bring a smile to my face :)