Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Oreo, Strawberry & Blueberry Mini Cheesecakes

I've always loved a good cheesecake. Pretty sure my obsession started with the Cheesecake Factory movement. I mean, who can resist a sky-high piece of cheesecake? I know I can't. But I also know I can't eat more than a few bites of cheesecake, especially if it's some rich double chocolate whatever topped with more chocolaty goodness. So for the 4th of July {I know, it's taken me forever to get this posted} I decided to put my mini muffin pan to good use and attempt mini cheesecake bites. I actually knew exactly what kind of cheesecake I was going to make since I crave these flavors in any dessert ALL. THE. TIME. Oreos, strawberries, and blueberries make up one of the greatest combinations known to man when it comes to desserts. Now combine it with cheesecake and you're money. 

These mini cheesecakes were a HIT at the 4th of July party I attended. One kid sat down and popped six in his mouth, one after another, no joke. I secretly watched as he raved about them to his friends, which made me really happy. 

Recipe adapted from here

{Makes 24 mini-mini cheesecakes; 12 mini (muffin-sized) cheesecakes}

Ingredients: 2 packages of cream cheese, softened. 1/2 Cup sugar. 1/2 tsp vanilla extract. 2 eggs. 1/2 Cup blueberries. 1/2 cup chopped strawberries. 1 package mini Oreo Cookies. 1 package regular Oreo cookies. Extra chopped/sliced strawberries, blueberries and mini Oreos to top, optional.


Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Line a mini muffin pan and a regular muffin pan with paper muffin cups {I got my mini ones from Home Goods and the regular ones from the grocery store}.
  3. Add one mini Oreo cookie to each of the mini paper-lined cups. Split regular sized Oreos in half {try and refrain from licking the icing of the Oreo!} and place one half in each paper-lined muffin cup.
  4. Add 8 regular sized Oreos to a plastic baggie and crush with fist {be careful not to tear the baggie}. Add the Oreo crumbs to each mini and regular muffin cup, ensuring the bottom is fully lined with Oreo/Oreo crumbs. 
  5. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with mixer until blended. Add eggs and mix until blended. Gently fold in 1 Cup crushed Oreo cookies {this is on top of the crushed cookies for the crust}, blueberries and chopped strawberries.
  6. Pour cheesecake batter into each muffin tin, leaving a little room for the cheesecake to slightly rise. 
  7. Place the muffin pans into the oven. Bake the mini muffin pans for 10-12 minutes or until the center is almost set. Bake the regular muffin pans for 20 minutes or until the center is almost set. 
  8. Refrigerate cheesecakes for 3 hours. 
  9. Top with berries and mini Oreos if desired. 

Hope you enjoy!

xx

8 comments:

  1. My word... I want to eat this right now. Like, now!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHH! These look so so yummy. These pictures are great, Allie! You did a fabulous job with this recipe. YUm! :)
    xoxo
    CoverGirl + Converse

    ReplyDelete
  3. um so amazing looking! i'm going to have to make these! x0, jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks SOOO good!! i need to make it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you always have the best recipes

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh. my. delicious.
    I'd try this except it would not go over so well with my diet ;)

    ps: I love your blog + have nominated you for the liebster award - see my blog tomorrow am for rules + regs to play along!!

    xo, Christina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Allie these look amazing, I have got to try!!

    Laura xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. YUM! I love cheesecakes and I love these little mini guys :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I appreciate each and every one of them. You sure know how to bring a smile to my face :)