Friday, August 10, 2012

{Friday's Fancies} Gingham & Floral

//work wear// Top: Old Navy / Pants: Thrifted / Heels: Zara / Bag: H&M / Sunglasses: Marc by Marc Jacobs / Bracelet: J. Crew / Watch: Michael Kors /
/Ring: Niche Boutique / Bracelets: J. Crew, H&M, F21 / 

Well, it's Friday. The weekend is just hours away and I hear my bottle of Chianti calling my name. I'm excited to meet up with my bestie Claire tonight to celebrate 25 years of her fabulous existence here on this Earth. Usually when we get together our nights involve Irish Car Bombs {which I hate and she loves}, flailing arm dances and smashing a somewhat embarrassing amount Ripple Bagel Deli sandwiches. I'll let you know how the night turns out, but for now we're going to chat about my outfit above.

These pants have made a few appearances on my Instagram {@alliesbubble} and for good reason. First off, these babies were a lucky Goodwill find at a measly $4! Yep, you read that right -  four freakin dollars!!! I hadn't been to the Goodwill by me in a hot minute, but for our friend's luau themed birthday party I realized I didn't have my boxes of costumes to resort to. Like always, Goodwill came through and provided me with a Hawaiian inspired outfit and new trousers for work. Side note: for my readers in college - DO NOT GIVE YOUR COSTUMES AWAY! No matter how much you tell yourself you won't need that grass skirt, 80s windbreaker, pimp hat, tutu and random piece of cloth that you used as a toga, sometime in your post-grad life you will need it! 

Okay, back to the outfit. Print mixing has been all the rage for quite some time and I'm not one to shy away from a good challenge of trying to {in my best Tim Gunn voice} "make it work." These pants obviously pair well with solid color tops, but after writing this post last week I felt the urge to really push the limits with my work wear. Gingham and floral seems to go with everything, so why can't they be paired together? You see my logic in this right? To make it even more obnoxious, I piled on bracelets and quickly stomped out the door in my color blocked heels before I had the chance to change my mind. 

So what effect did this man-repelling combo have on my coworkers?? Nothing. Not one furrowed brow {at least that I witnessed}. I guess my work place has deemed gingham and floral to be an OK combo after all. What do you think about this outfit - too much or just right? I'd love to hear from you ladies and gents! 

Of course, there's more gorgeous gingham inspiration over at {longdistanceloving} you should definitely check out! Hope you all have a fabulous weekend! 

xx

9 comments:

  1. I really like this outfit! The floral pants are great and I am glad you pushed the limited it made for a better outfit! Love love love.
    Carlee
    Almost Endearing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's fun! I wore stripes and floral to work yesterday and I even got one compliment. There are plenty of stylish people in Indy, but there are a lot more frumps. Don't worry about what the frumps think because you will always look more awesome than them :)

    P.S. I reeeaaally hope you'll try my outfit challenge (Sarah's Real Life - Outfit Challenge!) I'm pretty excited about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those floral pants! And your accessories are awesome. Gorgeous!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute outfit Allie! 4 dollar pants??? Heck ya. **And I still have a slew of costumes shoved in the back of my closet, ya know, just in case. ha

    ReplyDelete
  5. You went bold like me today...but you look MUCH better! Ha!! I love the pattern mixing and I can't believe those pants were only $4!!! Score! Thanks for your honesty today...I appreciate it!!! Have fun tonight with your bestie!! Happy weekend.
    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute outfit! loving the floral pants/plaid shirt combo!
    Oh, My

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome mix! I have a gingham shirt from J Crew just like that and I never would've thought to pair with floral pants, which are so in right now! Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. YOu have a darling blog. I love this combo. Your pants are so dang cute! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I appreciate each and every one of them. You sure know how to bring a smile to my face :)