Friday, August 3, 2012

{Friday's Fancies} The White Tee

//work wear// Tee: Target / Skirt: H&M / Wedges: Kelsi Dagger / Belt: Thrifted / Bag: H&M / Necklace: Unknown / Watch: Michael Kors / Bracelets: J. Crew & F21 /

Happy Friday! This has been a pretty great week, even though I had to nurse a sty on my eye yesterday. Boo. But some exciting news from yesterday's post, Pillsbury is going to feature my recipe/blog post on their Facebook page August 22nd!!!! I'm so honored they like it so much and I'll be sure to remind everyone when they post it. So do me a teeny little favor and please please PLEASE follow me on Twitter {click here} so you're in the know. I've received such amazing support from all of you since I started my blog and again, THANK YOU for all of your kind words {especially on the Day at the Farm post from Tuesday - WOW}!! 

Now it's time to turn the spotlight over to the little white tee! This is a staple piece that everyone has in their wardrobe {or if you're like me you have at least 10!}. Whether it's jersey or cotton, v-neck or crew cut, pocket or pocketless, it's the most versatile piece in your closet. The other day for work, I paired my pleated polka dot skirt with my trusty Target tee {which I have in an array of colors}. Usually a t-shit t-shirt {I was politely notified of my typo ;) HAHA} is frowned upon in the work place any other day except Casual Friday, but the skirt is dressy and modest enough that the tee received only smiles all day long. 

Here's a few tips on sporting the white t-shirt in the work place:

*Make sure your little white tee isn't paper tissue thin. Save those tees for the weekend :)
*Be sure to wear a nude bra with your white tee. A white bra can easily be seen which is not work appropriate!
*Accessorize with a long or chunky necklace and even try out a bold red lip!

For more t-shirt inspiration, head on over to {longdistanceloving} and check out all the other fabulous bloggers FF posts! Have a great weekend! 

xx

10 comments:

  1. So I'm sure this was a typo, but it's hilarious...The last paragraph..."t-shit." Kinda sounds like it could be the title of T Pain's next album. Hahaha I crack myself up.

    Anywho, I hope you're sitting down when I tell you this, but I do NOT have a white t-shirt (or t-shit) in my wardrobe at the moment! The problem with them is that they get grungy so easily. I did have a couple at one point, but they're not longer suitable to wear in public. Thanks for reminding me that I need another one though.

    Sarah's Real Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA I pseudo fixed it - hilarious! And your welcome for reminding you that you NEED a little white tee in your life. I swear your life will feel complete :)

      Delete
  2. You're so cute! I love how you paired the simple white tee with the pretty skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this look. I usually go with a gray tee so that there are no bra problems. Have a great weekend!

    Tara
    Penniless Socialite
    Enter My Bubble Necklace Giveway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. my best is so adorable! i have a skirt similar to that, but a golden color, and i do the same thing! cute =) x0, jenn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your recipe being featured! Thats awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your skirt! polka dots are always fun!

    happy weekend!
    xxA
    www.letitbebeautiful.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Allie, first i love the outfit with this polka dot skirt and the white v-neck. The whole look is very flattering and you look so pretty! AND second, congrats on getting your feature later this month on Pilsburry. That's a big deal and so exciting they liked your recipe. Keep it up!

    Following you now

    xoDale
    http://www.savvyspice.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG OMG OME! Congrats on Pillsbury! That is AWESOME!!! Love you pretty lady!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I appreciate each and every one of them. You sure know how to bring a smile to my face :)