Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Rainbows & Ruffles

//work wear// Shirt: Old Navy / Skirt: Target / Brogues: Charlotte Russe / Bag: H&M / Sunglasses: Marc by Marc Jacobs / Watch: Michael Kors / Bracelets: J. Crew, H&M, Lily & Laura /

Sorry for the hiatus from my little blog. I've been super busy with some other things and haven't gotten around to actually writing blog posts {or reading many blogs either!}. I've been consistently taking pictures though, so don't you worry! I'll post some yummy recipes soon! Speaking of yummy recipes, remember this Caprese Cup post I shared with you a few weeks ago??? Well, it's featured on Pillsbury's Facebook page TODAY!!! Make sure you go check it out and I wouldn't mind at all if you liked it on Facebook too :) 

Okay, so I bought this rainbow plaid button down months ago and have yet to wear it. Mostly I wasn't sure how to style it without looking like a clown. Finally I dug through my closet and rediscovered this lavender ruffle skirt I wore to my friend's wedding a few years ago. Honestly, I totally forgot about it. Not because I don't love it, but because it's borderline length appropriate for work. A good solution for alleviating its risque  length are flats and a super obnoxiously bright shirt so eyes are focused on the top half of my outfit. I guess it worked since I didn't get sent home for inappropriate attire. 

Hope you all have a fan-freakin-tastic Hump Day! I can't wait until 7pm when I get to celebrate my friend Ray's Birthday by eating all of his mom's delicious cooking. Seriously, she blows my mind and satisfies my stomach every time. Thanks in advance Deloris. 

xx

5 comments:

  1. Girl, you are gorgeous! This is such a cute outfit, I would have never thought to put those 2 together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the feature, that caprese cup looked amazing! You look gorgeous. I'm obsessed with your skirt. How come I've never seen it at target. I might just have to steal it from you. :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your blog, would you like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sooo super fun and colorful! Plus I <3 your oxfords..where are they from?

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this look! so super cute with the boots!

    xx-
    sarah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I appreciate each and every one of them. You sure know how to bring a smile to my face :)