Thursday, September 6, 2012

Military Saved the Dress

//work wear// Dress: H&M / Jacket: Michael Kors / Wedges: Kelsi Dagger / Bag: TJ Maxx / Belt: F21 / Watch: Michael Kors / Bracelets: J. Crew & Niche Boutique /

This shift dress has only been worn a few times, which is quite unfortunate. I hate when clothing feels neglected hanging in my closet {yes, my clothes have feelings too}. But it's such a pretty 3/4 sleeve silky  dress that deserves to be out and about mingling with military jackets all day - indoors/air conditioning I might add. It's not cool enough for frequent layering just yet, but I couldn't help myself on this morning. For so long this dress had me uninspired, only being able to switch out accessories for a "different look." So when I threw my trusty military jacket over it, the whole "summer meets fall" look I'd been hoping for came together. Now this dress can rest happily in my closet until I get that itch again for it to come out and play. 

Hopefully everyone has a Fashion's Night Out event to go to in their area tonight! I'll be attending a FNO kickoff reception prior to mingling in the Social Media Lounge at the Artsgarden and Circle Centere Mall. If any of my readers will be down that way, PLEASE make sure you come and say hi! If you need more details about #FNOindy, make sure and read my article for the IndySpectator {here} or check out Pattern's site {here}. Can't wait to see what everyone buys! 


Don't forget to follow me on Twitter & Instagram {@alliesbubble} to see how I'm celebrating FNO! I'll keep you updated every step of the way :)

xx

8 comments:

  1. what a cute outfit! I agree, little silk dresses NEED military jackets :) Have fun tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the military jacket with your (neglected) dress! It's perfect for this time of year. I hope you have a great time tonight at FNO! If I was still in Indy, I would certainly come say hi ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute dress and I love it with the military jacket!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my faves!!! Simply divine! I need a military jacket in my life! I am now on the hunt! Have fun tonight! A friend and I are hitting up Saks for a fashion event too! Yay!
    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got a military vest like that and cant wait to wear it! This looks great! We are going to FNO in St. Louis! Hope you have fun!! We will look out for your tweets!!

    xoxo
    go for the glam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your new header Allie!

    Great jacket :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love your jacket.

    xx m

    thisishowwerule.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. After study a few of the posts military clothes on this website now, and I truly like your way of blogging. I bookmarked it and will be checking back soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I appreciate each and every one of them. You sure know how to bring a smile to my face :)