Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Fool Proof

//weekend wear// Top: H&M / Cardigan: H&M / Jeans: Gap / Boots: Kenneth Cole via TJ Maxx / Bag: TJ Maxx / Sunnies: Target / Bracelets: J. Crew, NYC Vendor, F21 / Watch: Michael Kors / 

I guess I really liked elbow patches last year because all of the chunky cardigans I pull out of my closet have one. I'm not complaining - just pointing out the obvious is all. I always get so confused as to what I should wear to Tyler's family gatherings. I tend to overdress on a daily basis or wear an outfit completely inappropriate for the occasion, which includes family events. Now my family, they're 100% used to my wardrobe choices and don't think twice when I show up in heels and shorts for a Sunday dinner. Other families - I'm not so sure. I like to think Tyler's fam jam is now used to my style, but this particular BBQ outfit was a safe call on my end due to the attendance of family friends I've never met. Button down, jeans, cardigan and boots seemed to be a universally appropriate outfit for first impressions. Do you have any "first impression fool proof outfits" as a go-to for these types of occasions? 

Anywho, there's my Tuesday morning rambling. Hope you have a good one and see you back here tomorrow! 

xx

13 comments:

  1. I think you look great! First time I met my fiance's family, I had been on a plane for 10+ hours and looked as wretched as that sounds. I also chose to wear highheeled booties and a super short dress to walk around London on one of the coldest days ever. I don't think I'll ever live that one down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this look! You are adorable! You can never go wrong with a sweater and jeans!
    Cheers,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect outfit for a bbq. I totally want your cozy sweater.

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally fool proof!!! I love the casual look with the pop of those heels!! ;) Makes it girly...and I love the accessories!! I want a sweater with elbow patches!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. that bag. enough said. so cute! xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the handbag and elbow patches always rule. I hear you on not knowing how to dress, but I say be as close to yourself as possible. So at the 2nd gathering when you show up in full fur they won't be shocked ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking stunnning .... chek out my blog www.purfictshadeofbrown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. adorable!

    http://glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. your blog is amazing! just started following

    xx http://rorolovesbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love This!


    I'd love for you to check out my blog!

    http://couturetrend.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the elbow patches, and the flared jeans. So chic
    xx
    http://heroineinheels.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great look!

    http://closertotheedgeblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. nice Collection


    Dermessence has most essential nutrients that this formula has and that act directly and indirectly in combating again signs from the inside out. for more information please visit http://www.newfitnessbooster.com/dermessence/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I appreciate each and every one of them. You sure know how to bring a smile to my face :)