Wednesday, October 10, 2012

NYC Photo Diary #2

NYC feels like it was forever ago. Tyler and I couldn't have asked for better company and hospitality in the big city. It was a big step for "us" being able to meet each other's high school and college friends. Since I'm from the West Coast, he's barely met any of the girls and guys that played a huge part in my life. You can tell stories about them, but it's just not the same. I'm grateful he was able to witness the wonderful, hot messes we really are and even more grateful he's accepting of it.

Some of these pictures are from the day I met up with my high school and college friend, Danielle, as well as a couple fabulous ASU DG's, Jessica and Kendall. What I thought was going to be a quick bite to eat, turned into a boozey brunch at Poco. Several glasses of sangria and horseradish bloody mary's later, we stumbled into a beautiful secret garden and determined a drunken photo shoot was necessary. Since my plans for shopping went out the window after the second sangria, we ended up meeting Tyler and his buddies at McSorley's Old Ale House. This bar dates back to 1854 and obviously has a lot of history {read good ole' wiki here if interested}. In regards to beer, you have the option of "light or dark" - nothing fancy - and a round consists of two beers per person. I thought I ordered two beers by accident, but turns out that it's just their standard. After we finished a couple more rounds, I parted ways with the girls and continued on to Big Gay Ice Cream Shop. Needless to say, it was the most entertaining treat - EVER. Tyler and I had a hungover date night in Little Italy filled with pasta, more wine, cannolis and espresso before heading to bed early in preparation for shopping the next/last day. We did some quick damage before heading to Times Square and stumbling upon Bouchon Bakery where an obligatory box of macaroons was purchased. Due to a time crunch, we didn't get to indulge in the airy treats until we sat down in the airport - but they were definitely worth the wait This was Tyler's first macaroon experience and I am happy to report it was verrryyy positive. 

This is the last of my bajillion pictures - ENJOY!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
{Danielle and I}
{Miracle Garden}
{Boozey brunch turned photo shoot}
{Dark round}
{Wishbones that WWI & II soldiers left behind for good luck}
{McSorley's Old Ale House}
{Me, Danielle, Kendall & Jess}
{I received a warm welcome to the Big Gay Ice Cream Shop}
{Salted Pimp Cone goodness}
{Little Italy date night!}
{Seafood Risotto at Da Nico Ristorante in Little Italy}
 {Closest we made it to a Broadway show this trip}
{Love having a boyfriend willing to hold our bags}
{Times Square}
{Naked Cowboy & Indian}
{Bouchon Bakery heaven}

FYI - Photos were a mix of iPhone and DSLR shots.

Have a happy Hump Day!

xx

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a bunch of fun! These are great photos :)
    xoxo
    CoverGirl + Converse

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always wanted to go to NYC!! I need to make that happen! I loved your photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pics! Would you like
    to follow each other? Check
    out my blog and let me know!
    Fabiola

    wildflowergirl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw fun pics!! Makes me want to visit my friends that live in NYC again!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I appreciate each and every one of them. You sure know how to bring a smile to my face :)